Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS or UPS
Teacher of Science
Part Time (0.4 to 0.6 FTE) and Permanent (MPS/UPS)
Required for September 2021
• 11 – 18 Selective Grammar School situated in the Cotswolds
• 1160 on roll
• Co-educational Sixth Form with nearly 400 students
• MPS or UPS
We wish to appoint a motivated and dynamic professional to join our Science department and build upon its current success. Science is taught as a combined subject at KS3, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology then taught as separate sciences in KS4 with specialist teachers. All 3 sciences are very popular A Level options for our students. You will play an integral role in a large Science department of 11 teachers and 5 technicians.
In 2019, 66% of students achieved grades 9-7 in GCSE Biology, with 73% in Chemistry and 76% in Physics. At A level, 50% of students achieved grades A*-B in Biology in 2019, with 52% in Chemistry and 66% in Physics.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for science and the ability to inspire both staff and students
• Have experience of successful teaching in Biology, Chemistry or Physics up to GCSE
• A desire to teach at A level in one of the three science disciplines
• Insist on a commitment from all young people to achieve success; and will have the ability to motivate students with a focus on maximising attainment
We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and is a National Teaching School. Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here. Reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team
• Interested and well behaved students
• A lesson observation process that is developmental not judgemental
• Sensible assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £5M new buildings.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher (c/o Amanda Oxberry) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Amanda Oxberry, Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Closing date for applications is Monday 10th May 2021
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 17th May 2021
(Please note that interviews may take place ahead of the closing date and therefore early applications are encouraged)
Applying for the job
Please complete an application form and letter and send to:
or via post to:
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.