Teacher of Science (Maternity Cover)
This job expired on 27 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 5:16pm
13 January 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- Maternity or parental leave cover - Up to 1 year
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685 per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science to cover a period of maternity leave. You will be joining a hard-working, well-qualified and very friendly group of teachers who want the Science subject to be seen as lively and exciting. The ability to teach one of the Sciences to A-Level would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Science teacher who truly is passionate about the subject;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Felixstowe School's ethos;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
What the school offers its staff
Our school is an amazing place, full of wonderful students and staff. We pride ourselves on taking an evidence-based approach to innovation, meaning that we choose strategies that impact on student progress and teacher workload.
Our sensible and realistic policies include an excellent behaviour policy, and a whole class feedback policy.
Our modern facilities provide an excellent environment to work in, and our thriving Sixth Form continues to grow, as do the numbers in other year groups; our 2021 Year 7 intake is the largest in ten years as the school becomes increasingly popular.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Felixstowe School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1228 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Felixstowe School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01394 288228
Arranging a visit to Felixstowe School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Claydon High School
Church Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP6 0EG
Thomas Gainsborough School
Wells Hall Road, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 0NH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Suffolk