Teacher of Science & Maths + TLR 2.1
Outwood Academy Brumby is an 11 – 16 school occupying a modern building in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. It is within easy reach of Lincoln, Grimsby, the east of Doncaster and the motorway network. Our latest Ofsted judgement is Good.
The Academy wishes to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic subject specialist who will engage with our ethos which places students first. Being a committed and imaginative teacher you will support the rapid and on-going developments within the Maths & Science faculties as we strive to improve attainment across the academy.
Applications are invited from experienced teachers who wish to develop their career within a fast moving environment. You will join the Outwood Grange Family of Schools which offers opportunities to access outstanding practice and resources to enhance the learning experience of our students. This is a great opportunity if you would like to assist in the leadership of teaching and learning. Further details about the role will be discussed at interview and determined on the suitability of the candidate.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offer:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
• The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy.
• The support and expertise of our directors of maths working across the Family of Schools.
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for all.
• A further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through Outwood Institute of Education (formerly the Teaching School).
The successful candidate will be able to:
• support the leadership team within the Maths & Science Departments.
• ensure provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated Maths & Science curriculum for all students, in accordance with the aims and the curricular policies of the academy.
• monitor and support the overall progress and development of students.
Understanding the importance of excellent learning and teaching, you will have a genuine regard for young people and high professional standards.
If you care about the success of your students and colleagues, and have the energy and determination to make that success a reality, we would welcome your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to enhanced DBS Check.
Essential educational requirements
A degree in an appropriate discipline related to relevant subject.
Teaching qualification together with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Essential skills and experience
Recent and relevant teaching experience in employment or training
Experience of assessment at Key Stage 3 and 4
Able to use a range of teaching and learning strategies
An understanding for how Assessment for Learning can improve student performance
Confidence in the use of standard computer packages (word processing, email and spreadsheets) and how these can be used to enhance student learning
Able to use student level data to raise standards
Able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
Creative in problem solving together with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential child safeguarding issues
Ability to communicate high expectations to all students
Able to communicate both orally and in writing to students and their parents
Sharing good practice across the department
About Outwood Academy Brumby
- Cemetery Road, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN16 1NT
- Outwood Academy Brumby website (opens in a new window)