Teacher of Science
We’re looking for a science teacher who is passionate about supporting children and young people who have faced multiple barriers to learning. Our ideal candidate would be an experienced KS3/ KS4 teacher who wants to develop their practice and experience more dynamic ways of engaging children in learning.
We are looking for a teacher who will:
- demonstrate the highest quality of teaching, learning and assessment – inspiring our students; sharing a passion for learning
- be committed to tackling disadvantage and improving every student’s wellbeing and life chances.
• Plan and teach interactive, exciting lessons which engage all our KS3 and KS4 students - including those facing barriers to learning and those with social emotional, mental and health needs.
• Have an up to date knowledge of KS3/ KS4 science curriculum - with confidence in teaching GCSE Biology and Physics and a desire to teach in an innovative, creative and exciting way which engages reluctant learners.
• Share our determination to develop and deliver a broader STEM curriculum for our students.
• Work closely with your colleagues to produce high quality learning resources and plan expeditionary learning activities.
• Facilitate good student progress and positive outcomes - inspire, motivate and challenge our students.
Olive AP Academy – Suffolk is based in Stowmarket. Our alternative provision academy supports pupils aged between 7 and 16. The academy has up to 92 pupils on roll at any time and offers support to pupils in Key Stages 2-4 with complex or medical needs and those who have been permanently excluded from school.
The academy offers students an inspiring curriculum with high quality newly refurbished classrooms, a sports hall, art and design technology room, science laboratory, construction room, motor mechanics workshops, orchard and garden.
Our academy always welcomes visits from potential applicants. Come and see our fantastic facilities and meet our academy community. Please get in touch with Helen Everard, Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) T: 01449 613 931 if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
We are able to offer flexible working conditions for the right candidate. Full time and part time applications for the post are welcomed.
Download a job pack for this role to find out more and apply for this role at : https://www.oliveacademies.org.uk/working-with-us/
Job title: KS3 and KS4 Teacher (Science)
Hours: Full time or part time
Start date: January 2020 or sooner if possible
Location: Olive AP Academy – Suffolk, Stowmarket
Reports to: Deputy Headteacher
Please email your completed Olive Academies application form to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 24th September 2019 (Midday)
Interviews to be held at Olive AP Academy – Suffolk in Stowmarket week beginning 30th September 2019.
Essential educational requirements
First degree or equivalent
DfE recognised qualified teacher status/Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of CPD which enhances classroom practice
Evidence of recent successful classroom practice
Excellent classroom teacher with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice. Lessons are consistently judged to be good or better
Effective and systematic behaviour management – experience of using de-escalation techniques in a school setting; experience of maintaining clear boundaries and using sanctions, praise and rewards
At Olive Academies we offer all our staff:
o a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
o high quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
o an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do
o the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
About Olive Alternative Provision Academy Suffolk (Central)
Olive AP Academy – Suffolk is based in Stowmarket. Our alternative provision academy supports pupils aged between 7 and 16. The academy offers students an inspiring curriculum with high quality newly refurbished classrooms, a sports hall, art and design technology room, science laboratory, construction room, motor mechanics workshops, orchard and garden. The academy has up to 92 pupils on roll at any time and offers support to pupils in Key Stages 2-4 with complex or medical needs and those who have been permanently excluded from school. The academy also offers support to KS2 pupils in mainstream schools who are at risk of exclusion. Find out more at: apsuffolk.oliveacademies.org.uk
- Chilton Way, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1SZ
- Not Applicable