Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time
Main Pay Scale
Full time, although part time would be considered for the right candidate. Suitable for both NQTs or experienced teachers.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED – December 2019) with the recent inspection stating:
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around the school
• Leaders have the same high expectations of every pupil, whatever their background.
• They encourage every pupil to do their best and to model the school’s shared values of ‘Opportunity, Belief and Aspiration’
The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for September, we are seeking to appoint a qualified and motivated teacher of Science to join our Science Department. You must be able to deliver high quality teaching across key stages 3 and 4: the ability to offer A-level teaching is advantageous but not essential. The successful candidate should have a passion for Science and be innovative in the classroom.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Science is a key subject in the Academy and has received, and continues to receive, investments to improve standards. Applications from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme for NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
● Be a qualified teacher of science with good subject knowledge;
● Be able to inspire students, using their enthusiasm & enjoyment of their subject to ensure all students reach their full potential;
● Be able to work as part of a team to raise standards.
● Personalised professional development;
● An opportunity to join a well-established & successful department;
● An opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular Academy recognised locally & nationally for its continued improvement.
● Free use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website, or from Maureen Roberts, Principal’s PA, by telephone (01733 404345) or e-mail to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Monday 19th April 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Applying for the job
Please complete the application form attached and return it with a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, telling why you feel you are suited to this position and what you feel you can bring to the Department and the Academy.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.