We are looking to appoint a talented and highly skilled part time Teacher of Science to join our popular and successful team here at Penkridge Middle School, the preferred working days are Monday and Wednesday, however an alternative working pattern would be considered for the right candidate. The successful candidate will be joining a friendly, forward-thinking and supportive school which provides a high-quality all-round education for our students, considering their individual interests and aspirations.
Applications are welcomed from enthusiastic, and qualified Teachers who ; we are looking for someone who has a real passion for Science and their teaching and can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a range of skills and experiences that they can bring to our school to complement our current talented team of teachers. You will teach Science across the school from years 5-8, delivering outstanding lessons and working as part of a team on curriculum development initiatives within the department.
As a Middle School Teacher, you will participate fully in school life, contributing to the continuing success and happy atmosphere at our over-subscribed school.
We welcome applications from both trainee teachers and more experienced teachers, with relevant experience and potential.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Amy Griffiths (Office Manager) via email email@example.com or by telephone on 01785 413400 to arrange a call or visit.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to ensure that they achieve their full potential
- Be a passionate teacher who contributes effectively to whole school improvement
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to progress your career with our tailored ECT/professional development programme
- Enthusiastic and engaged students and a culture of high aspirations
- A dedicated faculty that work collaboratively
We reserve the right to interview as we receive applications.
Being part of Penk Valley Academy Trust:
Penk Valley Academy Trust is the local academy Trust for the following schools: Marshbrook First School, Princefield First School, St John’s First School, St Mary & St Chad CE First School, Penkridge Middle School, Wolgarston High School and The Rural Enterprise Academy.
The Trust’s vision and ethos is encapsulated in our motto ‘Learning Together’. Our main aim is to work collaboratively and take collective responsibility for ensuring that every child and young person in our Trust receives an excellent education, achieves high outcomes and realises their potential. All members of staff work incredibly hard to provide the very best education for every child in our care.
- Access to first class CPD opportunities
- Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 7 schools within the academy
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension - automatic enrolment into Teachers Pension Scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free will writing service
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and responsibility. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All staff working in the School during the school day will have contact with children and will therefore be in regulated activity.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.