- Outer London MPS/UPS plus a R&R available for exceptional candidate
Teacher of Science (Physics or Biology) job summary
TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Outer London MPS/UPS plus a R&R available for exceptional candidate
The school is happy to consider full-time and part-time (0.8 FTE) applications
Closing date: Noon, Monday 6 June 2022
Start date: September 2022
Hatch End High School is a high performing, innovative Academy in Harrow with a large and highly successful Sixth Form. We are extremely proud of our diverse and multi-ethnic cohort and outstanding reputation for inclusion. Standards and progress are high, but we are never complacent. Our school ethos, WE CARE: Co-operation, Ambition, Respect, Excellence, underpins everything we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic practitioner to join our Science Faulty as teacher of Science from September 2022. Owing to the current makeup of the Science Faculty we are looking for someone who can teach Physics or Biology up to at least GCSE. This appointment is suitable for Newly Qualified Teachers or an experienced teacher.
We offer a full range of Science courses and all three Science A Levels are extremely popular at Key Stage 5. The successful candidate will have a commitment to the development of creative, engaging teaching and learning across the age and ability range. Our Science examination results are consistently above the National Average, but we feel we can do even better. We also offer BTEc Level 3 at Post 16 which is both popular and gains outstanding ALPS scores.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a thriving faculty with a strong supportive team of teachers and technicians, some with extensive experience. The Science Department benefits from 11 fully equipped laboratories and 5 supportive technicians.
The successful applicant will:
• be an excellent and ambitious classroom teacher;
• have a good understanding of the current educational developments, especially those relating to classroom based practice;
• have the highest expectations of students;
• have an enthusiastic and positive approach within and beyond the classroom;
• have energy, stamina and a sense of humour.
Our school ethos: We CARE Co-operation, Ambition, Respect, Excellence
• be ambitious and always expect the highest standards from students and staff;
• provide a creative and stimulating teaching and learning environment in which each and every student feels safe and secure to express themselves and fulfil their optimum potential;
• deliver a broad and exciting curriculum which stretches all our students and enables them to achieve, develop and extend their life skills;
• create a calm and disciplined environment in which positive relationships flourish;
• work in co-operation and partnership with our families and wider community in a common endeavour to deliver excellence;
• develop out students’ appreciation and respect for others as well as for themselves;
• reflect regularly on our school’s strengths and areas for development in order to continue to thrive.
Why work at Hatch End High School?
• In joining Hatch End High School you can expect to work in an environment where teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do; and where all staff work as a community to support our students to fulfil their potential.
• The school has a comprehensive professional development programme tailored to individual needs, from Early Career Teachers (ECT) to middle and senior leadership; new staff are supported and guided by highly skilled and experienced colleagues, and by partners in external organisations.
• Staff have a wide range of opportunities to collaborate and develop their career within the Harrow Collegiate Alliance and the Teach West London Training Hub.
• Staff are afforded many benefits and rewards such as a staff wellbeing programme including free Pilates classes, eye tests and the Cycle to Work Scheme.
• We have excellent transport links with central London, Hertfordshire, Brent and Barnet.
Hatch High School is an equal opportunities employer. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working in schools are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and two written references.
How to apply
For more information and to apply for this vacancy, please visit our “Working at Hatch End High School” page on our website.
Please note that it may not be possible to inform candidates if they have not been successful for interview in anticipation of a high response to this vacancy.
R&R available for exceptional candidate
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.