- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPR/UPR – please note, this may be negotiable dependent on experience and current level of responsibility and whether these fit with the strategic aims of the department here at Priory
Applications for a science post are invited from committed and engaging classroom practitioners from all specialisms, though physics specialists are preferred.
The post is appropriate for NQT’s, right through to more established members of staff at any pay grade.
Penwortham Priory Academy is a vibrant and ambitious ‘Good’ school with a culture of high expectations. We are now looking for a dynamic Teacher of Science to join this core faculty. If you consistently deliver high quality lessons and enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential then our science department is the place for you.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a committed teacher, who is positive and willing to evolve. (NQTs also considered)
• Exude a passion for the subject which is evident in their day to day practice in the classroom and beyond.
• Have achieved high rates of progress and attainment in their current position.
• Inspire, motivate and support the individual needs and progress of all students.
• Be prepared for the demands of and changes to the curriculum.
• Be committed to continuous improvement and a reflective practitioner.
• Work collaboratively with other staff, both within Priory and across other secondary and primary schools, as an active member of our Preston’s Teaching School’s Alliance and our ‘Family of Schools’.
• Contribute to the extracurricular life of the school.
• Be committed to Penwortham Priory Academy’s ethos of high expectations and challenge.
We will offer you:
• An exciting opportunity in a friendly, supportive, forward thinking school.
• A tailored induction programme provided by our Professional Mentor
• Professional development to support your personal ambitions within teaching
• The opportunity to teach in a school where staff and student relationships are second to none.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact the school for a tour prior to the final application.
Completed application forms should be submitted to Mrs S Spencer, PA to the Headteacher, at email@example.com to arrive by 12.00 noon on Monday 18th Oct 2021. The selection process will take place on Monday 18th Oct 2021. Unfortunately, we are not able to contact applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview. Interviews are planned to take place Thursday 21st Oct 2021.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 759 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Penwortham Priory Academy
We are Penwortham Priory Academy – a great school, where every pupil ‘Learns to Succeed’
Our daily Mission - To uphold our ‘Priory Standard’ – ensuring the highest expectations of all, from all, so that all pupils ‘Learn to Succeed’ and leave Priory, equipped with the right skills and attitudes to help them succeed in life, contribute positively to society, and go on to further education, employment, or training.
Arranging a visit to Penwortham Priory Academy
For an informal discussion about the role, or for a tour of the school, please contact Mr Bedford, Head of Science - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.