Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Biology, Chemistry, Physics
MPS / UPR
- Teacher of Science required.
- Preferably a Physics specialist but all specialists will be considered.
- Start September 2021
- Full Time
- Scale MPS / UPR
- Suitable for NQTs
- Most oversubscribed school in the city with the highest attendance
- 100% staff recommend the school as a place to work
- 'An outstanding Sixth Form' Ofsted
- The largest school sixth form in Leeds (500+)
- National Support School and Red Kite Teaching School Alliance strategic partner
- 'Behaviour for learning across the entire school is outstanding' Ofsted
- Schools Advisory Service available for staff well-being and support
- Beautiful location adjacent to Roundhay Park
Applying for the job
Applications are online via our website only.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
2335 pupils enrolled
4 to 18
About Roundhay School
Roundhay School is proud, as a truly comprehensive school reflecting the cosmopolitan make up of Leeds, to have been recognised by Ofsted as an 'outstanding school' which is 'all about its students' and where 'staff ensure that each one, regardless of background or ability, is given every opportunity to shine'.
“Roundhay School is all about its pupils and we will do ‘whatever it takes’ to ensure that each one reaches their potential. We will never put limits on what our pupils can achieve, regardless of background or circumstance. Our focus is on developing character, instilling confidence and a love of learning whist teaching the importance of kindness, manners and respect. We want all our pupils to make a positive contribution to school life, continuing to learn and develop for the rest of their lives.
We are responsible. We are resilient. We are ready to learn. We are Roundhay.”
Arranging a visit to Roundhay School
Roundhay School is in the very fortunate position to receive an excellent number of applications for advertised roles. For this reason, and under normal circumstances, we do not usually arrange school visits for potential candidates.
We prefer to protect the workload of our staff and allow them to focus on their role.
Instead, we prefer to include a full tour of the working school as part of the interview process.
This allows candidates shortlisted for interview to experience a full and thorough tour of the working school. It also provides an opportunity to meet the pupils and interact with members of Department and wider school, including the Leadership Team.