Teacher of Science *required for ASAP/Easter start*
Sirius Academy West, Hull
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a qualified teacher in accordance with the current DCSF Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document, the post holder shall work with Director of Science to deliver the accountabilities detailed below.
• Plan, prepare and teach lessons to students assigned to him/her according to the students’ educational needs with reference to prior attainment, SEN and English as an additional language as required.
• Teach across the age and ability range, in line with the National Curriculum programmes of study, in such a way as to challenge and inspire students of all abilities.
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students assigned to him/her in line with Academy policies.
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of the curriculum in accordance with National Curriculum, Academy and subject guidelines.
• Liaise with colleagues to ensure a coherent programme of study for the students assigned to him/her. Supervise support staff and provide cover work as appropriate.
• Set high expectations for students’ behaviour establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships
• Be familiar with, support and reinforce the aims, ethos, policies and procedures of the Academy and curriculum area with students, staff and parents where appropriate.
• Promote enrichment and extension activities related to the subject.
• Be responsible for an aspect of the Curriculum Development / Improvement Plan, as agreed with the Curriculum Leader/Director.
• Participate in meetings in the school, which relate to the efficient management of the school or the objective of raising standards within the department and Academy.
• Perform role of form tutor and assisting in general organisation, behaviour and order of the Academy.
• Undertake all necessary work to enable pupils to enter public examinations.
Essential educational requirements
Qualifications – Essential:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent
Qualifications – Desirable:
• Additional qualification or expertise to contribute to Academy enrichment
• Ability to contribute to other subject delivery
• Commitment to further professional training
Knowledge – Essential:
• An awareness of the Science National Curriculum
• An awareness of the issues around monitoring academic performance
Essential skills and experience
Experience – Essential:
• Ability to work under pressure, achieve quality work and meet competing deadlines
• Ability to raise standards in the Academy
• Successful KS3 and KS4 teaching experience in Science
• Successful relationships with learners
|School size||1551 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Sirius Academy West website (opens in a new window)|
About Sirius Academy West
296 Anlaby Park Road South, Hull, HU4 7JB