Sheffield Park Academy is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science. This is an excellent opportunity to join an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ academy. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Park Academy is an 11-18 school. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
The successful candidate will be a determined, ambitious and knowledgeable Teacher of Science. We are seeking candidates who can positively contribute in our journey to become an ‘Outstanding’ academy. Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers of Science who are able to evidence a strong track record of student success, as well as newly qualified teachers who have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach.
This role requires a highly focussed individual who is organised and passionate about making a difference for our academy and the local community. The successful candidate will be highly efficient with outstanding attention to detail. This is a challenging role that will bring many rewards.
We are looking for someone who:
- Shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all our young people receive the best education in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Is passionate about Science and will inspire our students in the subject.
- Is a skilled and inspirational classroom practitioner who models effective pedagogical practice.
- Has a proven track record of raising standards within teaching and learning.
- Has personal qualities to motivate, support and challenge others.
- Is committed to improving the life chances of our students and support them to become well rounded citizens.
We will offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Talented, supportive and innovative staff and students.
- The opportunity to work with an established team.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in our cluster of schools.
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button at the top of this page to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this post is Midnight, Sunday 19 February 2023. Interviews will take place week soon after the closing date.
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.