- Main pay scale / Upper pay scale
Teacher of Science job summary
Teacher of Science – MPS/UPS (Physics or Chemistry specialist an advantage but not a requirement). Potential TLR - Associate Co-ordinator of Physics (with time allowance) for a suitably qualified candidate.
Teaching across KS3 & KS4 with the opportunity of Teaching KS5 Physics for a suitably experienced candidate.
Full or Part Time available
Required from September 2022 (or sooner for ECT applicants)
We are looking to employ a talented, ambitious teacher; well informed on current educational issues, with a passion for Science, to join our successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive high school; a school committed to delivering high quality, innovative learning experiences for its students; a school where results are consistently strong at both GCSE and A Level.
We can offer you:
• A dynamic and well-resourced department
• A school which is proud of the exceptional progress and achievement of its young people with strong results over a number of years
• A school rated as ‘Good’ by OFSTED with impressive outcomes in recent years and Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare rated as ‘Outstanding’
• A department with strong and consistent results
• A school committed to the well-being and professional development of staff
• Possibility of teaching A Level Physics for the right candidate.
• Have the capacity to maintain consistently high attainment through motivating and inspiring students and colleagues
• Have experience at KS3, KS4
• Be committed to delivering a high quality learning experience
• Be confident with IT and willing to develop personal skills working with new technology
• Be able to work in a strong, closely knit team, supporting developments in the curriculum
• Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience and humour
Interview Date: Thursday 26th May 2022
WVAT is committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sir John Leman High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1451 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Sir John Leman High School, situated in the historic market town of Beccles, Suffolk, on the edge of the Norfolk Broads, is a mixed comprehensive secondary school and sixth form. The pupil roll is around 1,400, with some 160 of these students moving on to the school’s sixth form.
Sir John Leman High School focuses on four key areas: achievement, ethos and values, opportunities and relationships. It aims to create a friendly, purposeful environment characterised by high expectations and exemplary standards of behaviour.
Every student is valued as an individual and helped to develop confidence and self-esteem and to achieve in all areas of school life. Creativity is encouraged, as is risk-taking in a caring and supportive environment. The school aspires to create excellent relationships, shared aspirations and an ethos of co-operation and respect.