• Ensure an outstanding Catholic educational experience which is engaging and fulfilling for all pupils
• Deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students within Science
• Be accountable for student progress and development within the teaching groups allocated
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the Science curriculum
• Inspire and engage pupils in the vision for the school
• Be accountable for outcomes within the teaching groups allocated
• Ensure effective strategies are in place to enable all pupils within your classes to make good progress
• Track student achievement regularly across the teaching groups allocated, transforming data into action
Teaching and Learning
• Set high expectations for yourself for quality teaching and learning in your Science classes
• Ensure planning meets the needs of all learners
• Deliver engaging lessons which have frequent and accurate assessment, feedback and intervention
• Assist in the development of schemes of work, resources, marking and assessment policies and teaching strategies within designated curriculum areas
• Keep up to date with national developments in the subject area and how they might affect student learning and teaching methodologies
• Display highly effective subject knowledge
School Ethos and Culture
• Help foster the spiritual development of pupils in accordance with the school’s Mission Statement
• Ensure that the school’s vision is understood and clearly and effectively articulated to all pupils
• Promote the school’s ethos and culture to the broader community
Developing self and working with others
• Actively partake in the school’s development scheme through participation in arrangements for further training and professional development
• Treat pupils, staff and parents fairly, equitably and with dignity and respect, to create and maintain a positive school culture
We are a good oversubscribed school (OFSTED 2022) located in Stockport, South of Manchester. Our school is made up of 825 students and 100 staff. St James’ Catholic High School is a thriving Catholic community that places children at the centre of everything we do. The Diocese of Shrewsbury judged our school to be an “Outstanding” Catholic school.
St James’ is a highly academic performing school:
• Impressive positive progress 8 scores for the previous three years
• In 2023, 75% of students achieved at least a grade 4 in English & Maths while 54% of students achieved a grade 5 in these subjects
• 40 grade 9s and 101 grade 8s in 2023 demonstrating exceptional attainment across a wide range of subjects
• Exceptional results in open, Maths and English subjects placing us in the top 20% of similar schools nationally
Our school is at the cutting edge of teaching and learning and thrives on providing outstanding opportunities for the young people we serve. All our staff work to provide our young people with the skills, knowledge and understanding in order to achieve their full potential.
Inspired by the example of St James, the purpose of our school is ‘To educate and develop global Catholic citizens’.
Our three school values of Family, Faith and Excellence are lived out every single day by staff, students and all stakeholders.
The reputation of our school is exceptional within Stockport and across the Shrewsbury Diocese for academic excellence, impeccable pupil conduct and for providing outstanding additional opportunities for our young people. The result is that our young people develop into global Catholic citizens who are proud to profess their faith and who make a positive contribution to society.
St James’ Catholic High School is an equal opportunity employer which is “Positive about Disabled People”. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in the workforce, who meet the person specification for the post
St James’ Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
This job post has expired.