Teacher of Science
St John Fisher Catholic College, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£23,719 - £39,406|
1. To support the aims and mission of the school by adherence to its policies and practices.
2. To contribute to the learning culture within the subject area by identifying, sharing and deploying good and effective practice.
3. Undertake the duties of Form Tutor to support learning and contribute pro-actively to the Citizenship and PSHE curriculum.
4. To contribute to the pastoral care of students and support their spiritual, social, moral and spiritual development.
5. To comply with the teaching and learning approaches adopted in the subject/pastoral area as directed by the appropriate leader.
6. To adhere to the data/record keeping systems across the school and use appropriate data to inform target setting for individual students.
7. To make effective use of planning, preparation and assessment time (PPA) to plan lessons thoroughly in advance, to record outcomes and to compare and review the performance of pupils with colleagues as appropriate.
8. To be responsible for the management of your classroom and to provide a stimulating learning environment to increase the learning potential of students.
9. To incorporate the use of ICT to enhance the delivery of the curriculum.
10. Plan all lessons, differentiating work and materials to meet the educational needs of the pupils’ different abilities. This includes due recognition to provide challenge to all students including those on the Gifted and Talented Register.
11. Use the principles of Assessment for Learning in the development of personalised approaches to learning.
12. Ensure work is marked, assessed and recorded appropriately.
13. Provide the curriculum leaders with evidence of planning and assessment of student work as appropriate and contribute to school self review and evaluation processes.
14. Ensure that the development of literacy, numeracy, citizenship and enterprise is established in lesson planning and delivery.
15. Attend Parents’ Meetings, produce accurate reports on all students in the reviewing and reporting to parents processes, meeting deadlines and setting appropriate targets.
16. Support the effective use of Teaching Assistants assigned to work in your lessons.
17. Set regular worthwhile homework tasks to complement classroom learning.
18. Promote adherence to the school’s Behaviour Code, reinforcing this with all classes taught and form tutor groups.
19. Adhere to the school’s procedures to register accurately and codify attendance and absence, and to complete class registers for all groups taught.
20. Attendance at all meetings within the agreed school structure.
21. Work collaboratively with colleagues within and outside your subject area to improve teaching and learning throughout the school.
|School type||Academy, Catholic|
|School size||1010 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||St John Fisher Catholic College website (opens in a new window)|
About St John Fisher Catholic College
St John Fisher Catholic College is a high performing, oversubscribed, 11-18 school situated in North Staffordshire. It is our mission to ensure that all our learners experience a truly great education that enables them to flourish academically and shine personally, preparing them for a happy and successful adult life.
Ashfields New Road, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 2SJ