Teacher of Science
The successful candidate will be expected to teach KS3 Science and ideally have a specialism in Chemistry and also be able to teach at least one of KS4 Physics or Biology.
Are you a strong, visionary Science teacher with passion, energy and creativity? Do you inspire youngsters to excel? Do you want to work with an experienced team of supportive professionals who aim high and achieve excellent results?
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Science as early as possible in the Autumn Term 2019 and no later than January 2020. Science is a strength at St Peter’s where students enjoy a rich and varied curriculum. Students achieve very high results and consistently make excellent progress:
Candidates will be expected:
• to be able to teach Key Stage 3 Science
• to be able to teach Key Stage 4 Chemistry and ideally at least one of Physics or Biology
• to have excellent classroom management skills
• to have an engaging style of teaching that can inspire and motivate all levels of ability
• a welcoming and friendly team of excellent teachers
• a supportive working environment
• many opportunities to enhance your skills as a teacher
• students with a drive to succeed
A willingness and ability to offer time and energy to our wellbeing programme &/or extra-curricular provision (which we believe adds significant value to our character based approaches to education, including our Duke of Edinburgh and Combined Cadet Force), will be taken into consideration for applications.
As a Church of England Aided School, in cases of equal merit preference will be given to candidates who are in sympathy with the foundation. The school is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of its students.
Essential educational requirements
Degree Level Qualification
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching KS3 Science and ideally with a specialism in Chemistry as well as the ability to teach at least one of KS4 Physics or Biology
About St Peter's Church of England Aided School
- Quarry Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5AP
- LA Maintained School
- St Peter's Church of England Aided School website (opens in a new window)