- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
Monday to Friday
- Contract type
Our Stantonbury science department has a supportive, cohesive and stable team who enjoy working closely together with one another as well as with our colleagues across the wider school. We are in the process of moving in to a brand new custom built STEM building, with well-equipped laboratories, and we benefit from excellent science technician support in carrying out a wide range of practical activity.
The department follows the AQA Trilogy specification in order to allow for the co-teaching of combined and triple science students. Our curriculum is set up so that Biology, Chemistry and Physics are taught as separate subjectsfrom Key Stage 4, and this important stage is well
supported by a broad and challenging Key Stage 3. We offer all three sciences at Key Stage Five and students are successful on A level courses.
The successful candidate will contribute positively to the day to day running of a diverse department, working collaboratively with others to implement our curriculum as we work to develop young people who:
• enjoy science, in a way that contributes to a wider love of learning and value for education
• are independent thinkers and learners who value themselves, have the skills to invest in their own personal development, and will look to continue learning throughout their lives
• have a sense of curiosity about the world around them, the skills to investigate it scientifically and the determination to persevere when answers or solutions are not immediate
• are collaborative, creative and kind members of communities, able to think deeply about the implications of their actions and use their abilities for the benefit of a global society
• are in a good position to apply acquired science knowledge, skills and qualifications in any future study and employment, whether or not this is in STEM-related fields.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates with a Chemistry specialism.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- Up to 2669 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Stantonbury School
Stantonbury School, now part of the TOVE Learning Trust, is a diverse and vibrant learning community where students develop skills in, and beyond, the classroom to ensure they flourish. We ensure that every student has access to an outstanding education and is given the best life opportunities. Stantonbury School focuses on knowing each of our pupils and their individual needs, and by developing purposeful and personal relationships, guiding them to achieve their potential. It is our belief that engagement with parents and external agencies are invaluable and that the success at Stantonbury School stems from our provision of great pastoral care. Our dedicated non-teaching pastoral team ensures all pupils are valued and included.