Teacher of Science
This job expired on 19 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Earliest start date
1 April 2023
Latest start date
1 September 2023
19 February 2023 at 11:59pm
3 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- Main/Upper Pay Scale (Outer London Weighting)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Uxbridge High School is seeking to appoint a new member of staff to work in our ambitious with progressive Science department. The post is open to someone looking for their first post as an ECT or to a more experienced practitioner.
You will have the ability to teach Science (preferably Physics) across the school up to and including Sixth Form. The successful candidate will:
- lead by example, through outstanding practice and professionalism;
- demonstrate their ethos of putting our students at the heart of our curriculum;
- driven to make a difference, to overcome barriers, to be relentless in enabling all students to make exceptional progress;
- be committed to your own personal development and collaborative, consultative working.
We would welcome applications from exceptional teachers and leaders who can evidence their experience of delivering innovation and aspiration and who can make a substantial contribution to Uxbridge High School.
Please take the time to view our website (wws.uhs.org.uk) before making an application. This gives a fantastic insight into the life of the school.
What the school offers its staff
Why should Uxbridge High School be your next career move?
- We are a community where people are happy to see and assist each other. The values of the school are modelled by all colleagues and our students
- Our behaviour policy ensures students have positive attitudes to learning, so our teachers can enjoy teaching
- We provide opportunities for growth and career progression
- We have great facilities and support including parking, private healthcare, and family-friendly and flexible working policies
- There are realistic expectations for feedback instead of marking to reduce colleague workload
Commitment to safeguarding
About Uxbridge High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1318 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Uxbridge High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01895 234060
Uxbridge High School is an ambitious and dynamic converter academy with over 1,200 students aged 11 -18. We have much to celebrate at Uxbridge High School including a committed and focused staff, outstanding facilities, strong relationships with the community and school partners, supportive Governors and a thriving Sixth Form. We are delighted to be recognised by Alps in the top 20% of UK schools, celebrating outstanding Sixth Form student progress at A-level. We value the successes of every child, whatever their starting point. All of this takes place within a truly comprehensive and multicultural school that reflects life in modern Britain. Our school values have been developed by students and staff, and form the basis of our ethos and culture. All members of our school community subscribe and work towards always being: Positive, Respectful, Open-Minded, Unique, Determined: PROUD to Make Success Happen.
Arranging a visit to Uxbridge High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The Stockwood Park Academy
Rotheram Avenue, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 5PP
Mill Hill County High School
Worcester Crescent, London, NW7 4LL
Woodside High School
White Hart Lane, London, N22 5QJ
Timber Pond Road, London, SE16 6AT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed