Teacher of Science
Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale for Outer London, depending on experience
Starting date: 1 January 2023
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate science specialist with the ability to teach either Chemistry and/or Biology to A Level, along with other science subjects to KS3 level. They will be able to convey their knowledge and love of the subject to our students. All three sciences are very popular at Waldegrave for A’ level, with many students going on to continue studying the Sciences, or related subjects at university.
- is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
- believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded the ‘World Class School’ Award in 2019 and 2022;
- values and promotes continued CPD and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
- has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
- is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoys a thriving sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
- a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
- a school that actively promotes and supports staff wellbeing;
- a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
- a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
- on-site parking;
- close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
- after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which may be corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.
This job post has expired.