Start Date: Easter, May or September 2024
Salary: M1 – UPS3 £30,000 to £46,525 plus TLR 2b £5,346
Contract Type: Permanent – Full time. Flexible or part-time hours will be considered.
Bradon Forest School requires a dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of Science with curriculum responsibility. This post would be suitable for a highly competent teacher with a proven track record of success. The Science faculty is a team of talented, supportive, and innovative teachers whose passion and enthusiasm for their subjects has helped secure a history of successful examination outcomes. This is an excellent opportunity for professional development in a very supportive and caring school.
The ideal candidate will encourage all students to achieve their potential, work with colleagues to lead high standards of behaviour and attainment whilst maintaining a positive and thriving school environment for our learners.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring teacher who:
- Has high expectations of themselves, colleagues and students
- Is an excellent role model for both students and staff
- Has the teaching skills to motivate students to learn and progress
- Is capable of leading a team of professionals to achieve highly
- Can communicate effectively with parents, students and staff
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An excellent induction programme including support for those returning to teaching/new to schools
- Flexible working
- A comprehensive CPD programme including specialist training provided by internal and external providers
- Coaching and mentoring support from senior leaders for those new to leadership roles
- A caring and supportive environment where wellbeing is a key priority - flexible working requests will be considered
- Continual collaboration and sharing of resources to reduce workload and improve provision for students
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- An extensive enrichment and trip programme
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
Bradon Forest School is a well-respected and popular 11 – 16 comprehensive and our catchment area takes from rural and urban communities. The school is well situated just north of the M4 (J16), within easy travelling distance of Bristol, Bath, and Swindon and on the edge of the Cotswolds. The Athelstan Trust is a successful and growing Multi-Academy Trust consisting of five secondary schools and 2 primary schools in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire. We currently employ over 600 people and educate 4,100 pupils and plan to expand further over the coming years. All our schools share a deep commitment to delivering an excellent comprehensive education to all the students in the Trust.
The Athelstan Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We are a flexible working employer, and we are willing to consider any reasonable adjustments you require so please ask us during your interview.
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
A charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, as The Athelstan Trust Company No: 7699625.
The Athelstan Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. If successful in being called for interview, all candidates are expected to apply for an enhanced DBS before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought for shortlisted candidates before interview. Please also be aware that you will be subject to an online check and that you may be questioned about the findings of such a check at your
This job post has expired.