Teacher of Science (with HOY possibility)
• To deliver high quality teaching and excellent learning outcomes and create a climate where students achieve their potential.
• Participate in the creation of Faculty schemes of work, lesson plans and related resources.
• To contribute to the development of e-learning to support subject delivery and enhance the learning and teaching experiences of all students.
• To ensure all students achieve their full potential and targets.
• To provide programmes of study suitable for all students in teaching groups and to maintain high standards of work, discipline and conduct in accordance with overall Academy policies.
• To encourage students, through the effective use of a variety of resources, differentiated learning and the maintenance of a good learning environment.
• To acquire the skills and develop an understanding of the subject, teaching pedagogy and the theories of learning.
• To liaise with other teachers, attend meetings of staff and contribute to the general development of the subject.
• To operate regular and effective assessment for learning and monitoring procedures, maintain an efficient record system and advise the Head of Faculty on student progress.
• To keep abreast of current developments within the subject/s and to strategically lead the faculty development.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status, or working towards QTS
• Degree or equivalent
• Experience of teaching at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
Essential skills and experience
• Can demonstrate an understanding of providing effectively for the individual needs of all students through the use of appropriate learning strategies and classroom management
• Has knowledge and understanding of curriculum syllabus requirements at the appropriate key stages
• Has knowledge and understanding of the monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress
• Understands the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEN and Child Protection
• Understands the importance of positive links and relationships within school and with all its stakeholders
• Can demonstrate awareness of latest developments in effective teaching and learning styles.
• Can show a record of good teaching and learning practice and outcomes.
• Can develop good personal relationships within and across teams.
We became part of Tove Learning Trust in April 2019. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
In order to support colleagues we have a full CPD programme for staff at all stages of their career both internally and externally. We understand the challenges of working in our profession and have an active Well-being Committee and Workload Committee who focus on promoting a healthy work life balance.
About Grace Academy Coventry
Grace Academy Coventry aims to develop well educated, considerate and caring citizens with a strong sense of values who will succeed in, and contribute to modern society. At Grace Academy, we believe that excellent teaching and support, world-class facilities and outstanding resources combine to give our students the best possible preparation for their adult life. The Grace Academies joined Tove Learning Trust in 2019.
- Wigston Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 2RH
- Grace Academy Coventry website (opens in a new window)