- QTS pay scale plus inner London weighting
Teacher of Science job summary
Teaching is the most rewarding job in the world. We have the opportunity to change students’ lives for the better and you could make a positive impact at Woolwich Polytechnic for Girls as Teacher of Science.
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls are looking to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Science who has a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching. An individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching Science
• The ability to be an outstanding Science teacher
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 26 June. Interviews are scheduled to take place shortly after.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed promptly upon receipt of application. The closing date will be brought forward in the event that the post is filled.
Previous applicants need not apply
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form at www.woolwichpolygirls.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applying for the job
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by by completing the application form via the below linkMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.