- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
Teacher of Science (Would Suit an ECT)
We are looking for a well-qualified teacher of Science to join our Science Team. You will have the opportunity to teach across the whole age and ability range, including A Levels.
The School has been recognised within The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) as being a centre of excellent practice in CPD. Staff have a wide range of high quality CPD opportunities on offer throughout the year so whether you are NQT or an experienced teacher we are able to create a tailored CPD program for you. Chichester High School is a ‘Good’ (Ofsted 2019) school which is growing year on year with a very successful sixth form. The sixth form has been rated as outstanding by Ofsted and every year we have students gaining places at Oxford or Cambridge and other Russell group Universities. We are based in the centre of Chichester, a beautiful Cathedral City on the South coast of England. Chichester High School is thriving school with a strong community ethos.
There is a team of extraordinary teachers who work together to get the very best from the students of Chichester. Here are some of the many great reasons to work at Chichester High School:
• A pupil centred and caring community ethos
• A senior team led whole school behaviour policy
• Access to the ‘Easit’ benefits package which amongst other things includes discounted travel
• On site gym
• Easy access to the beautiful South Downs National Park and also the Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Chichester Main Line train station is a 5 min walk
• Guaranteed free on site parking for all staff
• Thriving extra curricular program
• KS3 to KS5 teaching
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Your own teaching room
• Whole school open door teaching policy
• Opportunities to be involved with the CCF and DofE
• Willing to train non specialists
• Modern well equipped labs
• Opportunities to teach single science A level
If you are :
• passionate about teaching Science
• have high expectations for your students in all they do
• have an ambition to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications. If you have not had any communication within 10 days of the closing date please take this as confirmation that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse:
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
Access to interview: - should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist we will.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1359 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Chichester High School
At CHS we are a close and supportive community, working hard to ensure all our students excel.
Our aim is that Chichester High School provides all pupils with a rich and dynamic curriculum to enjoy in a safe environment.
Our aim is that:
All pupils ENJOY high quality, inspirational and innovative teaching and learning
ALL pupils EXCEL in ways they did not think possible
ALL pupils ENDEAVOUR to be excellent 21st Century Global Citizens
All members of our community Enjoy, Endeavour and Excel
During their 7 years with us we will ensure each individual exceeds their expectations and is fully prepared to excel in their future.