- Competitive United Learning
Teacher of SEND job summary
Shoreham Academy is seeking to appoint a part-time Teacher of SEND to join us in September 2022. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of SEND pupils we welcome your application. We also welcome applications from ECTs who wish to develop their career and have the potential, with support to quickly develop into an outstanding teacher in an environment where students have a range of complex moderate learning needs.
Shoreham Academy’s Inclusion department is thriving! Our success can be attributed to the ethos we share in the department. We believe in collaboration and shared responsibility across the team. Each member plays a significant role in the success of our students, and we are keen to support all colleagues to support our SEND students as well as themselves to be the ‘best that they can be’.
Shoreham Academy SEND team have a strong ethos for developing core literacy and numeracy whilst also developing the ‘whole child’, promoting self-esteem, confidence and social skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities.
• Have a track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes.
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
• Have a good working knowledge of phonics based programmes or a willingness to develop this skill.
• Highly value strong parent school links.
• Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
• Be able to support students and help to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
• Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
• Enjoy teaching a variety o
Applying for the job
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in a new tab)