Teacher of Social Science from September 2023 or earlier
This job expired on 20 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
September 2023 or Earlier
20 April 2023 at 9am
24 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- Citizenship, View all Health and social carejobs, View all Psychologyjobs, View all Social sciencesjobs, View all Sociologyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday 32.50 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified teacher status
- A degree in the relevant subject (minimum 2:2)
- Evidence of recent and relevant training or INSET.
- To enjoy teaching and to be a successful teacher able to model good teaching to others by acquiring, at minimum, an equivalent of an OFSTED grade of ‘good’ for learning and teaching
Evidence of excellent teaching ability and successful impact on student progress.
A good knowledge and an awareness of developments in the subjects National
Curriculum and other statutory requirements at Key Stages 3 and 4.
A sound understanding of planning and assessment for learning.
- Proven administrative and organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with both staff and students, and to be able to prepare reports, profiles and maintain clear and comprehensive records.
- An awareness of the range of strategies to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, and which include second language learners.
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
- A familiarity with Information Technology and with its educational uses as well as an
ability to use Information Technology effectively to fulfil administrative requirements
A commitment to raising achievement and experience of devising and implementing
successful strategies in order to do this.
- An understanding of target setting and action planning.
- An understanding of the principles involved in being a successful team member.
An understanding of the importance of emotional intelligence in managing oneself and
others and an ability to maintain professional integrity even when under pressure.
What the school offers its staff
We have high ambitions for our staff as well as our students. As you will be investing in our young people, we will invest in you.
As well as financial incentives, your career pathway will be developed with you and will include:
- Progression opportunities both internally and externally through our bespoke CPE programme and outstanding links with Ambitions School Leadership, Teach First, East London Consortium and others
- Outstanding mentoring/coaching programme with all staff having access to Lead Practitioner support through our Inspires Team
- Bespoke and individualised programme for ECTs and Teach First participants
- Innovative professional development through our stranded CPE programme for all staffing levels
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hornsey School for Girls
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 775 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hornsey School for Girls website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8348 6191
Hornsey School for Girls is consistently in the top 20% of schools nationally as recognised by SSAT for the past 5 years Pupils enjoy school and are safe. They spoke of the sense of family they get from being in a small school. Relationships between staff and pupils are positive. They reflect respect and kindness, both of which are at the core of this community school’s ethos. Ofsted 2022
Arranging a visit to Hornsey School for Girls
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Health & Social Care
Trinity Church of England School, Belvedere
Erith Road, Belvedere, Kent, DA17 6HT
Teacher of Health and Social Care
Harris Academy Merton
Wide Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 1BP
Teacher of the Deaf & Head of the Hearing Resource Base
The Langley Academy
Langley Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 7EF
St Ursula's Convent School
Crooms Hill, London, SE10 8HN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London