Teacher of Social Sciences (Trust role)
This job expired on 17 April 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
23 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Please note that flexibility regarding working hours will be considered, from 0.60 FTE to full-time. The successful candidate will provide support to both Hampton College and Hampton Gardens Social Sciences departments. The two secondary schools are located a short walking/driving distance apart.
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS or UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful applicant will:
- Have the ability to teach Psychology and Sociology to A level and be able to communicate your enthusiasm for both subjects to students of all abilities.
- Have the ability to teach GCSE Sociology (AQA).
- Be familiar with the AQA specification requirements for A level in both Psychology and Sociology.
- Have the ability to possibly teach Criminology to sixth form students, WJEC board.
- Be able to raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring students.
- Be a strong supporter of the school’s ethos and vision.
- Have excellent teaching skills and good classroom management.
- Have the flexibility to deliver some aspects of Health & Social Care, if the timetable requires it.
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer you in return:
- We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust, we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly.
- Our active Staff Wellbeing Groups create an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
- Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way.
- Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
Further details about the role
This is a new and exciting opportunity to provide support to both Hampton College and Hampton Gardens Social Sciences departments. The two secondary schools are located a short walking/driving distance apart. We envisage that the successful candidate will work at Hampton College for three days and two days at Hampton Gardens. A job share will also be considered for this role.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hampton College
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1646 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hampton College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Hampton College Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust - HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which opened in September 2019. In 2020, Dogsthorpe Infant School joined our trust. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff. Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School is located. Required September 2023 (or earlier) TEACHER OF GEOGRAPHY We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teacher with a passion for Geography, on a full-time basis. You will be expected to contribute to the continued development of the Department’s curriculum. You should be able to communicate effectively with students and colleagues as well as having good organisational skills. You should be a reflective practitioner, interested in developing your practice and trying out new strategies in your teaching. You will already be, at least, a competent user of ICT, and happy to learn more. Above all, we wish to appoint an imaginative and enthusiastic teacher, who will be keen to work alongside a team determined to create an excellent department and one keen to develop excellent relationships with students and staff. You will have a passion for working with young people and you will relish the satisfaction that comes from helping them to develop and to learn. The successful candidate will, of course, be an important part of the department and can expect the support needed to develop their career further but will also be expected to: • Possess the ability to inspire and motivate, and who have a passion for teaching and learning. • Have consistently high expectations with the drive to help all students achieve their full potential. • Be an exceptional team player and who enjoys supporting and working collaboratively with others. • Have the skill to form positive relationships for learning with all staff, students and parents. • Share our vision to deliver outstanding education for children and young adults and the commitment to make a difference to outcomes and achievements of all our students. What we can offer you in return: • A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community. • We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust. • Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential. • Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor. • Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal. For further details, please visit the Hampton Academies Trust website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/ Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 13 March 2023 Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appointment prior to the closing date. Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Arranging a visit to Hampton College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough