TMS1- UPS 3 (£25,714 - £41,604)
Teacher of Spanish & French
School: Finham Park School
Salary: TMS1- UPS 3 (£25,714 - £41,604)
Contract Type: Full Time (Part Time considered for the right applicant)
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2021
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
· MFL is one of the larger departments in the school and is well-regarded. We offer our students the opportunity to study French, German, Spanish and Mandarin through the Mandarin Excellence Programme. The department employs a range of strategies to ensure students learn in an enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment. We deliver the curriculum through a bespoke skills focused course, which aims to build cultural capital through implementing lessons that are lively, carefully structured and interactive. We have adopted Dr Gianfranco Conti’s method of Extensive Processing Instruction (EPI) to enable our students to become successful language learners and our teaching resources reflect the EPI principles. We follow the AQA exam specification for GCSE and the majority of students take an examination in a language at the end of Year 11. At KS5, we benefit from smaller classes and offer French and Spanish at A level and Pre-U Mandarin. We are fortunate to have a strong and supportive team of subject specialists and the department is well resourced. The department also offers a number of international links and extra-curricular activities including cinema visits, pen friend exchanges, visits to our partner schools and activities in partnership with the University of Warwick.
· Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
· We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
· We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
· The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
Twitter: @FinhamPark Facebook: www.facebook/FinhamPark1
What you offer:
· Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
· An experienced teacher who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
· A team player.
How to Apply:
Click the apply button to complete an on line application form.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 10th May 2021 at 9am with interviews being held on Thursday 20th May 2021.
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.