Teacher of Spanish/ESOL
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 9am
27 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Languagesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - FTE100%
What skills and experience we're looking for
Queen Katharine Academy are looking to appoint a Spanish/ESOL Teacher on a full-time permanent basis to work within our Languages and Accelerated Curriculum departments. This is an exciting opportunity for a Spanish/ESOL teacher who is ambitious and has an interest in working with students from a range of cultures and backgrounds within a very supportive environment.
The shining stars of our department are our extra clubs and competitions. From the Language Eurovision Contest at the beginning of Year 7, to the Foreign Language Translation Bee in Years 8 and 9.Our projects offer a wide range of extra activities to motivate students learning, and we have so much fun with them!
Both languages and Accelerated curriculum departments are well resourced and led by fantastic practitioners and we are looking to appoint a colleague who shares the love for languages and their enthusiasm and unwavering determination to help every student enjoy, achieve and progress from KS3 through to KS5.
- Be a passionate and dynamic teacher
- Be able to model outstanding practice in Literacy / ESOL Teaching and Learning, both within the department and across the wider curriculum.
- Be able to prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
What the school offers its staff
The Languages Department is a successful department in the Academy, and our classrooms are often full of students involved in some kind of extra activity related to language learning. The Department has recently been commended for the Bernice McCabe Award.Languages are a creative team, trained and thoughtful of the new GCSE and A-level specifications, continuously developing new exciting resources to adapt our lessons to the updated outcomes, and create an enjoyable and respectful environment to promote success.
The Trust offers:
- Excellent salary package.
- Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to arrange a visit please contact the HR Team on email@example.com.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Queen Katharine Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1451 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Queen Katharine Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Queen Katharine Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
Jack Hunt School
Bradwell Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9PY
Early Career Teacher (ECT) - English, Maths, Geography, MFL, Science, DT
Finedon Road, Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9 5TY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough