Teacher of Spanish & French - Part Time
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
28 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Frenchjobs, View all Spanishjobs
- View all Part timejobs - Three days per week
- Fixed term - Two terms
Full-time equivalent salary
- £29,344 - £44,919 MPS Fringe
- £17,606.40 - £24,049.80 based on 0.6
What skills and experience we're looking for
- To plan, prepare and teach lessons of the highest quality.
- To use the resources of the subject in an effective and imaginative way.
- To motivate, enthuse, excite and challenge students to produce the highest quality work.
- To respond to professional development opportunities and work within the school’s Continuing Professional Development Framework, including ICT developments.
- To support departmental and school approaches to assessment, recording and reporting.
- To participate in the pastoral organisation of the school as a form tutor, as required.
What the school offers its staff
- Thamesmead students and staff are friendly and fun to work with. They like coming into school, behave well in class and achieve good results. In 2022 81% of our Year 11 students achieved grade 4 or above in both English and Maths. They have achieved positive Progress 8 scores each year and our score places us in the top 17% of schools in England.
- Thamesmead School is a supportive community. Respect is one of our seven Thamesmead values and our staff are kind, caring and respectful to each other. We work hard with our students to ensure they understand the importance of showing respect to all members of our community, and naturally this includes the classroom.
- Staff wellbeing is of upmost importance at Thamesmead School. Strategic decisions are made to support staff in obtaining a good work life balance: consideration has been given to timings regarding marking load, assessment logging and meeting schedules to ensure staff are not overloaded. There is a wellbeing day in December to help break up the long autumn term, every effort is made to accommodate absence for special occasions such as graduation or nativity plays. Finally, with the school day ending at 2.35, there is time in the afternoon for staff to complete lesson preparation or take part in student or staff based extracurricular activities. Thamesmead celebrates the successes of staff on a weekly basis via the ‘Start of the Week’ award; gives mindfulness advice weekly via email and provides frequent break and lunch time treats for staff!
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thamesmead School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1008 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thamesmead School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01932 219 423
The school is situated to the West of London with good rail and road access. Our location means our staff enjoy living in areas such as West and South West London, Surrey and Berkshire making fantastic choices for city, suburban or rural living available. Thamesmead is a vibrant and successful school. In 2019 our students gained strong GCSE results. 85% of students gained a 4 grade or higher in English and Maths and 58% of students achieved a grade 5 or higher in English and Maths. 83% achieved 5 GCSEs or more graded at 4 or above. "Pupils behave well, are co-operative and respectful towards their teachers and each other. Strong leadership aims to ensure that the school provides the best possible standards of teaching and learning."- Ofsted.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of the Deaf & Head of the Hearing Resource Base
The Langley Academy
Langley Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 7EF
Teacher of French with Spanish
Whitmore High School
Porlock Avenue, Harrow, HA2 0AD
Harris Academy Merton
Wide Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 1BP
Secondary Early Career Teacher (ECT) – MFL (French and Spanish)
1 Nicholas Road, London, W11 4AN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed