This exciting opportunity offers a recruitment & retention allowance of £3000 to the successful candidate
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community. We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 100 best schools in England & one of the top 10 schools in the North.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the best comprehensive schools in the North West of England and the most improved academy in Oldham. We are proud that our quality of education at The Oldham Academy North is world class, leading to GCSE outcomes that are well above average.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative, and committed teacher with high expectations of students and themselves. The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring students of all abilities through their passion for the subject. Offering Spanish at KS3 and KS4, keen to make Spanish lessons exciting and engaging for all to encourage students to achieve their best.
If you are driven to ensure the highest possible standards of teaching and learning, progress and achievement, then we warmly invite you to apply and join our convivial team.
More about the role:
- The most popular GCSE option with well over 50% opting for Spanish.
- An academy that values languages
- Full support for the growth of Spanish across the curriculum
- Fully resourced curriculum
- Marking not feedback policy
- Excellent mentors / professional development regardless of career stage
- Leadership development opportunities for an ambitious candidate
- High performing team with incredible mentors
- 2022 EBACC Progress SIGNIFICANTLY ABOVE NATIONAL AVERAGE
- 2022 P8 +2.63
Reporting to the Head of Faculty, this post holder will be accountable for:
Teaching and learning
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
Assessment and Reporting
- Have knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment, including questioning, oral assessment and self-assessment and the importance of formative assessment.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment monitoring and recording strategies to assess the learning needs of your students in order to set challenging learning objectives and plan for future teaching.
- Know how to identify and support learners affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances.
- Have a good understanding of factors influencing student learning, including ethnicity, gender, abilities and attainment and how these relate to personalised provision for students.
- To act as a tutor for students supporting the academic and pastoral needs of each individual.
Subject knowledge and understanding
- Maintain a secure knowledge and understanding of your subject(s) and related pedagogy to enable you to teach effectively at the Academy
- Take responsibility for your own professional development by reviewing your own performance, acting upon advice/feedback and keeping abreast of current developments in good practice
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.