- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
27.5 hours pw over 5 days
- Contract type
- Inner London main scale - £32,157 - £41,792
1. To teach Spanish to students at KS3, KS4 & KS5 and French at KS3
2. To plan high quality lessons for mixed attainment groups which meet the needs of a range of learners
3. To assess students’ work, record and report their progress in line with the departmental and school assessment policy.
4. To perform the duties of a form tutor and contribute to the preparation and teaching of Personal, Social and Health Education programme
5. To contribute to the development of schemes of work, teaching strategies, resources, assessment and marking policies.
6. To contribute to strategies to achieve relevant departmental and school improvement.
7. To be responsible for effective and efficient management of any resources that are delegated.
A TLR may be available dependent on experience
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 1507 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Elthorne Park High School
Elthorne Park High School is a successful and significantly oversubscribed 11-18 mixed school with around 1300 students with over 250 in the sixth form, based in West London. A high-performing school that has risen to become one of the top 200 in the country and is continuing to improve. That reflects our exceptional teaching team, as well as our students who are not only thoughtful and resilient, but also hardworking and eager to learn.
With a new £14 million state of the art building equipped as a centre of excellence, we offer a range of outstanding resources to support teaching with a particular focus on ICT and new technologies.
In March 2019 Ofsted judged us as outstanding. This year we also achieved 4 SSAT Leading Edge Awards (variety of teaching approaches, engagement with evidence and research, professional learning and educational outcomes). If you would like to be part of it, you can look forward to research based coaching and development tailored around your needs and aspirations.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
Arranging a visit to Elthorne Park High School
School visits are not currently possible. Shortlisted candidates will be given a tour of the school on the day of interview.