|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Subject||Design and technology|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||£25,714 to £41,604 pro rata if part time|
Required for January 2021 onwards
Full time or part time (60%)
Stratton Upper School is a fully comprehensive school with talented students and committed, highly motivated staff.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Technology (resistant materials, design and construction and the ability to teach food would also be an advantage) to be part of our vibrant and forward-thinking Trust. We have a firm vision to become a centre of excellence in the STEM subjects and are already well on the path to that goal. This is therefore an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher to contribute to that success.
What we can offer you:
• A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
• A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
• A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
• ·Well-motivated and engaged students and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
• A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good teachers - and partnership working, as part of our family of schools
You will benefit from:
• An induction programme for all new staff
• Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
• ·Staff social activities
• Ample on site car parking
• As a member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
You will be:
• An excellent, reflective and creative classroom practitioner with the ability to spread the enthusiasm for the subject beyond the classroom
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Able to build effective working relationships with students and staff
• Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our students, challenging them to achieve beyond their expectations and supporting them to become lifelong learners
• Willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
• Able to work in partnership with students, parents, staff, academy council and the wider Community
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 2nd November 2020.
The school reserve the right to appoint before the application deadline.
Recruitment agencies need not contact the school until after the closing
Applying for the job
Full details are contained in the recruitment information pack.More on how to apply
|School size||916 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||13 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Stratton Upper School website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact phone number||01767 220000|
About Stratton Upper School
Stratton is a thriving Upper School with around 1,000 students on roll. The school has grown considerably in recent years; it is popular with the local community and includes over 250 students in the Sixth Form. In many respects we are a true comprehensive school with a full ability range. As the only Key Stage 4 & 5 education provider in the town, our challenge is to move effortlessly between preparing Yr13 students for top universities to working with students who without our support could have rejected the concept of education. Our students are our best advertisement, although closely followed by the dedication of our staff.
Arranging a visit to Stratton Upper School
Please contact Nicola Richardson on the email address shown.
Eagle Farm Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 8JB
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed