Design and technology, Engineering
Fixed term (1 Year Fixed Term)
TMS1- UPS 3 (£25,714-£41,604)
Teacher of Technology/Engineering
School: Finham Park School
Salary: TMS1- UPS 3 (£25,714-£41,604)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: 1 Year Fixed Term
Start Date: September 2021
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
· Design and Technology is a successful, well-established area of the school running courses in: Design and Technology, Engineering and Food Preparation and Nutrition at GCSE as well as A Level Product Design. The subject uptake is strong in all areas; we have a great team of teachers and technicians producing quality work with our students in the department. We are all passionate about our subjects helping to influence the next generation of designers, engineers and chefs. We have a mixture of multipurpose rooms, which are well stocked with both traditional and modern tools/equipment so the students are given a broad range of experiences.
· Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
· We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
· We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
· The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
Twitter: @FinhamPark Facebook: www.facebook/FinhamPark1
What you offer:
· Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
· An experienced teacher who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
· A team player.
How to Apply:
Click the apply button to complete an on line application form.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com by Monday 17th May at 9am with interviews being held on Thursday 27th May 2021.
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.More on how to apply