Teacher of Technology
Furze Platt Senior School, Maidenhead, Berkshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subject||Design and technology|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,000 to £41,000|
Purpose: To ensure the greatest possible progress and development of students, through high quality teaching and learning, and appropriate pastoral support. To challenge and support all students to achieve their best by:
• Setting consistently high expectations and standards
• Sharing a love of your subject and of learning
• Enthusing, engaging and motivating students
• Inspiring trust and confidence in students and colleagues
• To maintain thorough and up to date subject knowledge and pedagogy
• To plan lessons and sequences of lessons and to support students in meeting their personal and academic potential
• To use a range of effective strategies for teaching and for behaviour management, as detailed in the school’s Learning Policy and Behaviour Policy
• To ensure the effective deployment of classroom support where appropriate
• To use and analyse performance data including prior learning data, progress data and external examination data when planning lessons, and in order to establish and set expectations, targets and action plans for individuals and groups of students
• To assess, monitor and record progress of students in teaching and tutorial groups
• To set home learning regularly and in accordance with the school’s Homework, Marking and Assessment Policy
• To mark work regularly, provide appropriate feedback, and ensure this feedback is acted upon, in accordance with the school’s Homework, Marking and Assessment Policy
• To communicate students’ progress with parents and carers
• To take part in marketing and liaison activities, such as Open Evenings, Parents’ Evenings, Options Evenings and Celebration Events
• To engage actively in your own Performance Management and to take responsibility for your own Professional Development within the context of the school’s Performance Management and Professional Development policies
• To be a team player within your department and house, contributing to department meetings, improvement plans and self evaluation processes.
• To contribute and where appropriate to lead on departmental learning plans including Schemes of Learning or Schemes of Work
• To work with, learn from, and support departmental and House colleagues
• To cooperate with colleagues to ensure a sharing and effective use of resources and to inform the process of ordering and allocation of equipment and materials
• To alert relevant staff to problems experienced by students and to work with those staff to implement solutions
• Where appropriate, to assume pastoral responsibility either for a mixed age Key Stage 3 and 4 tutor group or a Sixth Form tutor group, as part of the school’s house system
• As a form tutor, to produce appropriate reports and otherwise liaise with parents as required
• To be aware of and assume the appropriate level of responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to report any concerns in accordance with the school’s Child Protection policy
• To comply with the school’s Health and Safety Policy
• To undertake any other duties not mentioned above, commensurate with the level of the post
Furze Platt Senior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree in relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status or working towards it
Right to work in UK essential
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching required. Suitable for NQT
Would you like to be part of a rapidly expanding school as well as enjoy the benefits of a new state-of-the-art three storey block and the prospect of using a new hall equipped for sports, theatre productions and much more?
We are looking for a well-qualified, inspiring Teacher to join our team of dedicated, reflective practitioners and teach Science. The ability to teach all three Sciences to KS3 is essential with a specialist Science subject for KS4.
Furze Platt is a highly successful mixed comprehensive school serving the children of Maidenhead. At Furze Platt, 1400 boys and girls of all abilities develop the skills and qualities to enable them to excel in the future. We are a highly ambitious, high-achieving and fully inclusive school in which our students are challenged and supported to achieve excellence. We are well placed for access, with good transport links to and from London and surrounding counties. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we enter the second year of access to phase one of an on-site expansion project, the building of a state-of-the-art three-storey teaching block incorporating science laboratories, classrooms, additional staff rooms and a meeting room. We will also be near to completion of the building of a new hall/theatre which will be used by the school and the local community.
We want our students to enjoy the time they spend with us by providing an education which is broad, stimulating and rewarding. We also believe passionately in music, drama, the arts and sport and have a Dance studio, two Drama studios, a recording studio and practice rooms and an all-weather astro-turf to support these. We are proud of the range of extra-curricular opportunities we provide for students outside of the classroom including Duke of Edinburgh, ski and theatre trips, visits overseas to enhance language skills and historical knowledge and many others.
We offer a friendly and harmonious campus atmosphere, with fantastic line support and a Senior Leadership Team who genuinely want to see you succeed and develop. NQTs are allocated a mentor, a reduced timetable and the opportunity to attend training sessions run by specialists from within the school. Career opportunities allowing you to grow professionally within Furze Platt include working parties and coaching for experienced teachers and leadership training for aspiring and existing middle and senior leaders.
There are excellent on-site facilities including use of a recently installed gym, your own laptop, student laptops and interactive whiteboards. As well as access to an employee advice service providing information, helpful resources and other services, there will be invitations to whole school social events such as our Christmas party, and other gatherings to celebrate success, and freshly brewed coffee is ready for you during break-time!More on how to apply
|School size||1348 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Furze Platt Senior School website (opens in a new window)|
About Furze Platt Senior School
Furze Platt Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 7NQ