At The Regis School, we enjoy building positive relationships with young people in a culture of high expectations of staff and students, strong discipline and a determination to achieve ‘The Best in Everyone’ through limitless ambition.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and motivated teacher of Technology. We would be excited to hear from you if:
- you are an experienced teacher with a proven track record of excellence in your Technology specialism seeking a new challenge e.g. the opportunity to work in a large secondary school with the opportunity to teach all three key stages, OR,
- you are in the early stages of your teaching career and are looking for the best possible start to your career, ambitious and ready to flourish in teaching.
- will have a demonstrable passion for their subject specialism, with the ability to guide children to successfully master an ambitious Technology curriculum.
- Will be driven to achieve high attainment and develop a passion for technology beyond the classroom.
- will have a subject specialism in Product Design, Engineering, Textiles or Food Preparation and Nutrition. The ability to teach at least two disciplines within Technology is desirable.
- will be a lifelong learner, always striving to be a better teacher, who is personally ambitious and willing to participate in continuous professional development.
- will want to work in a fully inclusive, diverse, and ambitious school, providing a first-class education to our children, where you can really make a difference to young people.
Product Design, Food and Textiles and are highly popular with both our KS3 and KS4 students. In September 2022 we launched WJEC Engineering at KS4 to add to our GCSE offer in all other specialisms. This is an exciting time to join us: you will become a part of a determined team on a journey to become a high performing, fully inclusive, outstanding provider of Technology education.
The Creative Technologies department benefits from having an inspiring teaching environment and is well equipped with state-of-the-art technology, allowing our students to achieve unique and industrially focussed final products. Technician support within the department is comprehensive. Students participate in our lessons from KS3-KS5 with enthusiasm and we are valued for delivering Education with Character within our curriculum and through extracurricular opportunities.
As a developing or experienced teacher, you would have access to excellent development opportunities and support within the school and beyond as part of United Learning.
Please contact Vicky Ovens on 01243 871068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to the school or a phone conversation.
The Regis is a school that we all feel proud of and our teachers are passionate about their work. We know that teaching can be a challenging profession, but with the support we offer and a commitment to seeing the best in each other, we work tirelessly to find creative ways to educate. We have access to a Group-wide curriculum, an intranet platform that enables sharing of resources and opportunities for work shadowing and mentorship.
The Regis School is a secondary 11-18 school with over 1600 students on roll. We are an inclusive comprehensive school that aims to achieve the best for every student. This philosophy is reflected in the successful Sixth Form of 160+ students who are offered a broad range of academic and vocational programmes. Over 70% of our students progress to Higher Education each year.
The Regis School has a well-qualified, dedicated supportive and enthusiastic staff team. We have approximately 200 staff, all of whom are committed to providing the best possible education for our students. As one of the biggest employers in Bognor Regis, we emphasise the learning of adults and young people. Staff are involved in further study, research projects and in the training of teachers in partnership with local universities.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.