Teacher of Textiles
We are looking for someone with the energy, enthusiasm, commitment, and creativity to join our vibrant Technology Faculty where teachers work together and are encouraged to take measured risks and innovate to inspire all students to make excellent progress.
The successful candidate must be able to teach Textiles to Key Stage 3 4 and 5, the ability to teach other Technology subjects to KS3 would be an advantage.
Applications are welcomed from NQTs, those who have recently entered the profession and experienced teachers. This post is maternity leave cover on a 1-year contract.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level in relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Secondary teaching across the age, gender and ability range.
• Knowledge of the Curriculum
• Establishing high expectations of all students.
How to enhance students learning to make learning vivid, challenging, enjoyable and real
• How to use ICT as a tool to enhance teaching and learning
How to cultivate positive and effective teacher/student relationships to encourage the best from every student.
• How to promote inclusion and equal opportunities
• Secure understanding of safeguarding and keeping children safe
The benefit of being part of our Teaching School
• A wealth of CPD aimed at teachers at all stages and levels of experience
• A comprehensive, broad and personalised Induction programme
• A high quality NQT induction programme (NQT Quality Mark gained 2016)
• Excellent opportunities for further professional development
• Gym membership at a reduced cost
About Woodrush High School
- Shawhurst Lane, Wythall, Worcestershire, B47 5JW
- Woodrush High School website (opens in a new window)