Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We are an oversubscribed, high-achieving, 11-16 comprehensive school seeking to appoint a Science teacher from September 2021 (a July start may be available for NQTs). The ability to teach GCSE Physics would be an advantage.
Science is a strength at Debenham High School, with a strong team of specialist staff. The Science department have a strong history of excellent results. In 2020 100% of grades in Biology were 9-4, 99% in Chemistry and 100% in Physics. In Combined Science 77% of students achieved Grades 9-4.
Opportunities for outreach work with other schools locally and a range of professional development opportunities are available. As a Leading Edge school we are committed to the development of all staff.
Applying for the job
Details and application form from www.debenhamhigh.co.uk or telephone (01728) 860213.
CVs are not accepted.
Further details about our school are available on our school website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all posts at Debenham High School.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
672 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Debenham High School
Debenham High School is a Church of England High Performing Specialist Academy.
The school has:
• an excellent academic record (ranked 11th nationally in The Times State Secondary Schools 2019, 2019 80% (88% 2020) Grade 4+ English and Mathematics, 71% (70% 2020) Grade 5+, Progress 8 0.70).
• an enviable reputation and is consistently oversubscribed
• a hardworking and committed staff
• a school community with a genuine family ethos
• a very sound financial base and well-resourced school site
• experienced and ambitious leadership team and a supportive Governing Body
• an established track record with the DfE for delivering on grant-funded training and working with a range of different organisations
• OFSTED “outstanding” (2008)
• SIAMS “outstanding” (2017)
• lovely students who engage well in their learning and their community
• a rich and diverse range of extra-curricular activities.
Debenham is a large, attractive village 14 miles north of Ipswich and 30 miles south of Norwich; it is an excellent and attractive area for families and Mid Suffolk has been judged on a wide range of criteria to be among the best locations in which to live.
Arranging a visit to Debenham High School
We welcome any enquiries about this post before the closing date. Please contact Miss Susan McBurney (01728 860213) for further information.