Teacher or Science - Maternity Cover
The successful candidate will be an innovative, inspiring Science Teacher who will work within an energetic and friendly department and will enjoy working with highly motivated and intellectually curious students at all levels.
The Science department is dedicated and supportive, with a strong team focused on developing teaching and learning. The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic about challenge and committed to change, a reflective practitioner who is interested in developing their career as part of a dynamic and supportive team.
The department motivates students through an innovative curriculum where every student is encouraged to achieve. Science classrooms are well resourced and offer a stimulating environment and fosters a culture of mutual respect for successful learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong subject knowledge and passion for Science;
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching & learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modelling positive learning behaviour, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject area
Qualified Teaching Status - QTS
Essential skills and experience
About The Oxford Academy
- Sandy Lane West, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4 6JZ
- The Oxford Academy website (opens in a new window)