TITLE: Teacher Salary Scale Allowance: TMS or UPS+ SEN Allowance
Job Purpose and Context
1. To promote and support the school in fulfilling its aims through rigorous self-evaluation and well-planned school improvement.
2. To effectively fulfil all professional duties as set out in DfE Teachers Standards and School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.
Responsible to: Head of Department
Persons line managed by Postholder: Classroom Support Staff
1. Demonstrating at all times a commitment to safeguarding of children through your duty of care and your application in following school and North Somerset procedures.
2. Demonstrating in daily routines good knowledge and understanding of the structure and balance of the School Curriculum including accreditation pathways and applying and reviewing this knowledge to differentiated planning and delivery.
3. Effectively planning teaching to achieve progression in pupils’ learning by taking account of their individual needs where identifying learning outcomes and content and teaching methods.
4. Providing clear structures for lessons, and for sequences of lessons, in the short, medium and longer term, which maintain pace, motivation and challenge for pupils.
5. Implementing effective use of formative, summative and ipsative assessment information on pupils’ attainment, abilities and progress in planning for their learning.
6. Setting high expectations for pupils’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well-focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships. Following guidance from senior leaders, school support team and inter-agency professionals as appropriate.
7. Demonstrate understanding of professional responsibilities to school policies and practices.
8. Effectively demonstrating skills and understanding in being a Curriculum Leader in the school, developing and monitoring the implementation of curriculum policies, plans, targets and practices. Efficiently managing the curriculum budget, if required.
9. Effectively planning learning opportunities which will contribute to pupils’ personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
10. Evaluating your own performance accurately and using it together with feedback from other sources to improve your effectiveness with regard to the changing needs of the school and individual pupils.
11. Co-operate in performance management procedures, maintaining a CPD record and pro-actively seeking to improve your own and others performance according to the school improvement priorities.
12. Organise and manage a cheerful, well organised, orderly and stimulating learning environment.
13. Develop and maintain effective links with a range of multi-disciplinary professionals in order to facilitate that childrens’ needs are met.
14. Set challenging pupil targets and throughout the school day, (within and between lessons) involve the pupils, and all relevant stakeholders, in the acquisition and development of these.
Undertake any professional duties as reasonably determined by the Headteacher.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Qualified Teacher Status
For TMS - demonstrates competence in all elements of the teacher standards.
For UPS – demonstrates competence in all elements of the teacher standards and evidences achievements and contributions to the school which are substantial and sustained.
Proven ability of consistently good and outstanding teaching.
Ability to plan lessons and sequences of lessons to match the needs of a wide range of children
Experience in a range of specialist teaching strategies including:
• Review, Teach, Practise, Apply
• Synthetic phonics
• Guided reading
• Calculations strategies
• Self and Peer assessment
Ability to plan work for and delegate responsibilities to TAs/LSAs
Proven ability in positive behaviour management approaches.
Proven ability in teaching subjects across the curriculum, with a focus on teaching pupils to apply their skills in different contexts.
SEN Allowance £2207
About Ravenswood School
Ravenswood School is an all age Special School for pupils with complex needs. This includes pupils with severe learning difficulties, those with communication difficulties and those with emotional/social difficulties. We also have provision for autistic children.
- Pound Lane, Bristol, BS48 2NN
- Not Applicable
- Special School
- Ravenswood School website (opens in a new window)