Teacher SEND Permanent Full time
St Nicholas is looking for an experienced, passionate and committed SEND Teacher to join a supportive team of professionals who are committed to transforming young people’s lives.
St. Nicholas school caters for children with a wide range of disabilities. (SLD, PMLD, ASD. Age range 4-19 years). We will have 77 pupils on roll in September and are looking to secure an additional teaching post in the school.
We are looking for an experienced teacher who:
• Is able to ensure every pupil makes good progress
• Has an excellent understanding of child development
• Is an outstanding, reflective and resourceful practitioner, who is dedicated to making their practice the best it can be.
• Has knowledge and understanding of effective positive behaviour management strategies
• Has the ability to think creatively to support pupils to overcome their barriers to learning
We can offer you:
• A very thorough and diverse Special Educational Needs professional development package.
• The opportunity to develop your teaching skills in a community that is committed to improving outcomes for our young people.
• The opportunity to make a real difference in our school
• A friendly, supportive team of staff
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged
Commencement date: as soon as possible
If you are interested in this post an application pack can be downloaded from the school website at www.st-nicholas.wilts.sch.uk. Alternatively, please contact the Personnel Officer, Denise Horn, at the School on extension 204, email email@example.com to request an application pack. Completed application forms to be submitted to Denise Horn by 12 noon on 18th September 2019.
St.Nicholas School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree, or equivalent
Qualified teacher status (not NQT)
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of recent, ongoing professional development
Able to offer leadership eg in a specialism or curriculum area
Experience or understanding of teaching students with ASD and /or Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
For further information see Person Specification
SEN Allowance 1
About St Nicholas School
St Nicholas is a school for pupils aged 4-19 years with severe learning difficulties; many pupils have additional needs including autism, complex and medical needs. St Nicholas School is based on 3 sites in Chippenham. The majority of students are at the main site located just off the Malmesbury Road. Post-16 students are based in our 6th form college on Cocklebury Road, Chippenham and our fully equipped bungalow for life skills learning in Long Ridings, just adjacent to the main school building. We value our relationships with parents and carers and other agencies in pursuit of our goal to provide the best learning experience we can.
- Malmesbury Road, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1QF
- Not Applicable
- Special School
- St Nicholas School website (opens in a new window)