Teacher - Special Needs (SEN)
Hillside Special School, Sudbury, Suffolk
|Job role||Teacher, SEN specialist|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||MPR / UPR + SEN Allowance|
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated qualified class teacher.
The age range is 2 ½ to 19 years and you may be required to work with pupils of any age and ability.
• have high levels of professionalism
• have a truly positive approach
• be flexible, adaptable and able to multitask
• have patience and the ability to stay calm and positive in challenging situations
• be driven and have a commitment to continuous school improvement and personal development
• be emotionally and physically resilient
• have skills and experience in teaching pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism (ASD)
• have a proven track record of excellent communication skills, working co-operatively and developing positive relationships with pupils, families and staff at all levels
• have knowledge and have undertaken training in using strategies used to successfully teach pupils with PMLD, SLD and/or Autism
• be able to lead a team of teaching assistants to deliver outstanding Teaching and Learning to our pupils
• be confident in the use of IT
• have a good sense of humour
In normal circumstances, we actively encourage applicants to see our school in action before applying for vacancies; due to the current situation this will not be possible. However, we would encourage all applicants to get in touch with us to discuss this position in further detail and to find out more about our school, prior to submitting an application.
If this post is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please contact Lizzi Murphy, Headteacher, via email to: email@example.com including your full name and ‘Teacher Vacancy’ in the subject line. Please also include your phone number in the body of your email and we will arrange a mutually convenient time to have an informal chat.
If you think you have the qualities to fulfil this role and you want to make a real contribution to our school, we would welcome an application from you. All applications must be made on an official application form and must be accompanied by a covering letter. Please send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Pupils on Roll: 90
Full details and an application pack can be found on the school website: www.hillsidespecial.org.uk/about_us/vacancies
Closing date: Monday 25 May 2020 at 13:00 PM
Interview date: Thursday 28 May 2020 (these will take place remotely via a video conference)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the school.
Includes Special Educational Needs (SEN) AllowanceMore on how to apply
|School type||Special School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||91 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Hillside Special School website (opens in a new window)|
About Hillside Special School
Hillside is a very successful school that places the pupils at the heart of everything and is aspirational for pupils’ outcomes. We have been consistently rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted since 2004.
The staff are friendly and supportive and as a school, we are committed to equality and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role.
Hitchcock Place, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 1NN