Teacher - St Leonard's CofE Primary School, Exeter
2 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
12 June 2023 at 9am
24 May 2023
- Key stage 1
- View all Part timejobs - Two days a week, starting in September 2023
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 2 terms Sept 2023 until Easter 2024
- M1 - M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
Multi Academy Trust: St Christopher's
Place of work: St Leonard’s C of E Primary School, Exeter
Pupils on roll: 600
Job term: fixed term for maternity leave (approximately two terms)
Appointment type: Two days a week, starting in September 2023
Pay Scale: M1-6
St Leonard's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Year 1 teacher who will teach two days a week (on a Monday and Tuesday) to cover a maternity leave. The role will start in September 2023 and last approximately two terms.
If you are dedicated to developing stimulating learning experiences for young minds and delivering an engaging curriculum, we want to hear from you! St Leonard’s can promise you an established, dynamic and passionate leadership team who are enthusiastic about driving change and raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community.
- A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
- Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
- The opportunity to work in a school with unique spacious grounds close to the city centre.
- A Headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 19 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
What the school offers its staff
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to enable pupils to reach their full social and academic potential, underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
- Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school on 01392 666570 if you wish to make
Applications should be submitted by 8am, Monday 12th June and emailed to HR@stcmat.org
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15th June at St Leonard’s. There will be a number of tasks, including teaching a lesson on the day to a Year 1 class.
Please visitVacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org)for an application form and further details.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About St Leonard's (CofE) Primary School (VC)
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 569 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to St Leonard's (CofE) Primary School (VC)
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Class Teacher - Full Time (2 x posts available)
Sherwell Valley Primary School
Hawkins Avenue, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 6ES
Primary Phase Teacher (0.6 fte)
Chulmleigh Primary School
Beacon Road, Chulmleigh, Devon, EX18 7AA
Chudleigh Knighton Church of England Primary School
Chudleigh Knighton, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ13 0EU
Newton Poppleford Primary School
School Lane, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0EL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Exeter and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay