Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
£25,714 - £36,961 FTE (this will be paid pro-rata according to hours and weeks worked)
Holywell Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed, creative and well-organised teacher who will initially be based in Year 5/6. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching in Year 5/6 and be experienced, knowledgeable and passionate to lead maths across the school. Holywell School is a member of Ventrus Multi academy Trust, a group of 15 Devon schools who actively work in collaboration on improving outcomes for pupils. Holywell is a popular and successful school, where our team works together to achieve the best possible outcomes and educational experiences for their children.
Successful candidates will:
- Be able to create a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment where our children are inspired, motivated and challenged.
- Be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning, with a strong understanding of a creative and stimulating curriculum.
- Be an inclusive practitioner with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners.
- Be rigorous in ensuring all pupils made good progress.
- Be a reflective practitioner who has a commitment to working with colleagues to improve practice and outcomes for our children and demonstrate a willingness to join in with the wider life of the school and its community.
- Be a good communicator, building effective relationships with our children and their families.
- Have excellent classroom management skills.
- Have a strong personal philosophy for learning that is evident within their own classroom practice.
- Be highly effective in the planning, teaching and evaluation of lessons.
- Be able to lead maths across the school.
In return, we can offer:
- A commitment to professional development whatever your career stage.
- Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning and who want to learn.
- A friendly, caring and supportive school community where parents, staff and children work together well.
- Collaborative support working within Ventrus network group and partnerships with other schools within Ventrus.
Applications and references should demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest standards for all, excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills. This is a full-time, permanent position working 1.0 FTE, 39 weeks per year as of September 2021. A TLR3 is available for the right candidate.
Interested candidates are invited to make an appointment to visit the school and can contact the office to arrange an appointment – 01271 345908.
Closing date for this position is 12 noon on Monday 21st June 2021, interviews will be held on Thursday 24th June 2021.
A TLR3 is available for the right candidate
Applying for the job
To apply for this role please submit your application online; your supporting statement should outline your suitability for the post. More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
103 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Holywell Church of England School
Holywell Church of England Primary School is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
Arranging a visit to Holywell Church of England School
Interested candidates are invited to make an appointment to visit the school and can contact the office to arrange an appointment.