- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
This is a full-time, permanent position working 1.0 FTE, 39 weeks per year
- Contract type
- MPS: £25,714 - £36,961 FTE (this will be paid pro-rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
Holywell Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed, creative and well-organised teacher who will be based in KS2, with a preference for Upper KS2. The successful candidate must have experience of teaching in KS2 and if possible be experienced, knowledgeable and passionate to lead maths across the school.
Successful candidates will:
- Be able to create a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment where our children are inspired, motivated and challenged.
- Be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning, with a strong understanding of a creative and stimulating curriculum.
- Be an inclusive practitioner with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners.
- Be rigorous in ensuring all pupils made good progress.
- Be a reflective practitioner who has a commitment to working with colleagues to improve practice and outcomes for our children and demonstrate a willingness to join in with the wider life of the school and its community.
- Be a good communicator, building effective relationships with our children and their families.
- Have excellent classroom management skills. • Have a strong personal philosophy for learning that is evident within their own classroom practice.
- Be highly effective in the planning, teaching and evaluation of lessons.
In return, we can offer:
- A commitment to professional development whatever your career stage.
Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning and who want to learn.
- A friendly, caring and supportive school community where parents, staff and children work together well.
- Collaborative support working within Ventrus network group and partnerships with other schools within Ventrus.
Applications and references should demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest standards for all, excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills. This post will commence at the start of the Spring term 2022. Interested candidates are invited to make an appointment to visit the school and can contact the office to arrange an appointment – 01271 345908. Holywell is only two miles out of Barnstaple, North Devon. Holywell Church of England Primary School Headteacher – Mrs Susan Denham contact number 01271 345908.
This is a full-time, permanent position working 1.0 FTE, 39 weeks per year.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 30th November 2021, interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th December 2021.
Applying for the job
To apply for this role please submit your application online; your supporting statement should identify your suitability for the post.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 102 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Holywell Church of England School
Holywell Church of England Primary School is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
Holywell is a popular and successful school, where our team works together to achieve the best possible outcomes and educational experiences for their children.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.