Teacher, SEN specialist, Suitable for NQTs
If you are highly skilled, enthusiastic, ambitious, energetic, dedicated to raising achievement and ready for a challenge we would like to hear from you. We are looking for staff for the following roles:
• Class teachers – Woodhouse Learning (Primary/Secondary)
• Maths teacher (KS3/KS4) – to work across our sites.
• Physical Education teacher – to work across our sites.
SEN experience is not essential but a commitment to get it right for every one of our pupils is.
Successful candidates will:
• be or aspire to be outstanding practitioners.
• have an excellent working knowledge of their curriculum area
• be a Primary/Secondary teacher who can transfer their experience to a specialist setting.
We are looking for teachers who are ready to take on a new challenge and embed outstanding practice within an already established provision which has extremely well-resourced classrooms and teaching areas. You will be supported by highly professional staff with a strong team ethos.
Should you be successful in securing a post at West Oaks, you will receive:
• 100% job satisfaction.
• a significant amount of support from our highly experienced team to enable you to enhance your skills towards being the very best teacher you can be.
• an effective induction programme to support your transition to the specialist environment and specifically West Oaks.
• quality continuous professional development both within school and externally in relation to your role
• access to an Employee Assistance Programme and a Cycle to Work scheme
• Microsoft Surface Pro laptop for school and CPD use whilst employed by the school.
• £3,338 SEN Allowance
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
293 pupils enrolled
2 to 19
About West Oaks SEN Specialist School and College
West Oaks SEN Specialist School and College is an all-age 2-19 specialist provision catering for pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties, communication difficulties and those with a diagnosis of autism. The school operates over two locations. The most established provision is based in Boston Spa, a village on the North East outskirts of Leeds. Our second site is based in the inner city Meanwood area of Leeds and is known as Woodhouse Learning. This site opened in September 2015.
Our sites, Boston Spa Learning and Woodhouse Learning both embrace the same vision for educating children and young people. West Oaks is proud of its inclusive and innovative practice where every child and young person’s needs are met with no compromise. A place where we strive, alongside parents and carers, to achieve the very best outcomes. The learning needs of all our pupils are at the core of our thinking, with a positive culture driving excellence for everyone within our school and college community.
Our learners reflect the wide ethnic and cultural diversity of the city of Leeds.
We design and teach a broad and balanced curriculum, highly differentiated to incorporate the needs, interests and motivations of our pupils. We celebrate individualism at all levels and have a reputation for being ever-responsive to the needs of our pupils. We believe that pupils learn best and enjoy learning when they are actively engaged in practical experiences and are confident in established routines
Arranging a visit to West Oaks SEN Specialist School and College
A virtual school visit is highly recommended. Our school website will give you a flavour of the school but if you would like to find out more, do come and visit us at our on-line open evening on:
• Tuesday April 27th at 6.00pm
Please email email@example.com to book your place.
Teacher of Science
Boston Spa Academy
Clifford Moor Road, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS23 6RW
Ninelands Primary School
Ninelands Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 1NT