Fixed term (until July 2021, possibility of negotiating a permanent contract)
Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £29,664 to £40,372 per year (full-time equivalent)
The successful candidate will be a strong practitioner for teaching and learning, and a
great team player. They will take initiatives where necessary and be driven by the
school’s mission to increase children’s life chances through high quality education.
The successful candidate may negotiate a TLR for leading the Arts in the school.
* Established systems for life-work balance so that staff can provide outstanding teaching & learning
* Arts Award (Gold) award for over ten years
* A designated art room with a kiln
* Specialist teachers for Art, Music, PE and Spanish (not part of PPA)
* A full-time TA in every class across the school
* Specialist TA to support pupils with reading and ‘speech & language’ needs
* An effective intervention programme (PiXL) across KS1 and KS2
* Life Skills support for pupils who are new to English language
* Modern, spacious building which is very well resourced
Bigland Green is a provider of great learning and graded as outstanding by Ofsted. The school’s mission is to educate pupils so that they become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
The school’s Learning Vision articulates how it provides great learning by harnessing children’s curiosity, encouraging perseverance and providing a pathway to success in our fast-changing and inter-dependent world.
At Bigland Green, we instil in our pupils the fundamental values that are needed for being successful as individuals and as a society. We teach our pupils to cope with success and challenges. Pupils are equipped with skills that are essential for the world outside the school and beyond. These are part of the school’s strong ethos and values.
Arranging a visit to Bigland Green Primary School
We would welcome and encourage potential candidates to visit our school. Please
telephone or email to arrange.