Teacher Year 1
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
15 May 2023
- Key stage 1
- View all Full timejobs - mon - fri 32.436 hours per week 1st September until 31st December 2023.
- Fixed term - 4 months
- MPS or UPS depending on experience and existing grade
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will have demonstrated:
- Highly effective teaching and learning strategies and impact on pupil outcomes
- A commitment to professional development, research and curriculum design
- Determination to enable all learners to succeed and ensure they achieve their full potential
- Excellent classroom management and effective deployment of support staff
- A commitment to maintaining high standards and expectations for all
- Their ability to work effectively and contribute positively as part of a team
- Their ability to reflect on own practice and the dedication to improve
- A thorough understanding of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum
- A good understanding of teaching phonics – experience with Read Write Inc would be desirable.
- Experience teaching children with English as an additional language would be beneficial.
What the school offers its staff
- A positive, inclusive and caring ethos
- Well-behaved, polite and enthusiastic children with excellent attitudes to learning
- A leadership team absolutely committed to school improvement and developing staff
- A committed approach to ensuring a viable work/life balance for our staff.
- A supportive and committed team
- 2 Full-time teaching assistants in your class
A staff and Governing Body who strive for excellence
Further details about the role
A rare opportunity to join our committed and experienced teaching team, has opened up at Edleston Primary School. We are wishing to appoint a temporary Year 1 Class Teacher from September 1st 2023 until December 31st 2023. There is a possibility of the contract being extended.
We are an over-subscribed, single form primary school [4-11 year-olds] with a hard-working, experienced and child-focused team who strive for excellence in all that we offer our pupils. Our warm, nurturing school ethos is often commented on by visitors and we are so proud of the provision we offer our pupils. Our outstanding personal development and child welfare lies at the heart of everything we do at Edleston Primary School, ensuring we develop the whole child.
We are looking for a dedicated, creative, flexible and knowledgeable teacher who has a sense of humour! We want someone who is able to plan, teach and assess effectively to gain the best outcomes for every child (across a range of abilities including SEN). The successful candidate will share our high expectations for academic success and foster an ethos of care and respect. The Y1 teacher will work as part of an exceptionally supportive and strong team including the 2 highly-skilled full-time teaching assistants based in your class [one working 1:1 with a child with an EHCP].
Our pupils tell us they are happy in the school’s encouraging and nurturing environment. They are ready and eager to learn and their personal behaviour and relationships with other children, and staff are excellent.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Edleston Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 211 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Edleston Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01270 910325
Situated in the heart of Crewe – a town with a rich heritage and major opportunities for development and growth – Edleston Primary School is a Group 2 school with 212 children on roll (30 pupil entry), arranged in seven classes with each having a teaching assistant for support. We are located in a closely connected urban area with our own private school playing field and all-weather pitch.
Arranging a visit to Edleston Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Middlewich Primary School
Park Road, Middlewich, Cheshire, CW10 9BS
Churchfields Primary School
School Street, Newcastle, Staffordshire, ST5 7HY
St Oswald's Worleston CofE Primary School
Church Road, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6DP
Moreton Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 8QS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cheshire