Teacher - Year 4
The Governing Body at Rednal Hill Junior School wish to appoint an inspirational and creative teacher to play a crucial role in pupil and staff development. We are a school committed to providing children with the very best start in life and are fortunate to work with children who are enthused and keen to learn. The school has been on an upward journey over the last few years and we are focused on our drive to become good and better.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team in order to play a key role in the improvement of teaching and learning at Rednal Hill Junior School.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
• have substantial experience of successfully teaching across the primary phase
• be an ambitious and experienced teacher who has an in-depth knowledge of the pedagogy associated with good and better lessons
• be able to lead and manage a SDP priority or a year group and has displayed leadership qualities throughout their career
• have the ability to inspire children and staff alike by delivering high quality learning
• have the ability to support colleagues in their professional development to impact on standards
• have an up to date knowledge of the curriculum and a passion to innovate and excite children and staff alike to provide excellent provision
• have excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
• are committed to the principles of inclusion and have high expectations of behaviour
If you are interested in working in an exciting, forward thinking school, with a real focus on ‘improving learning’, then we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer you:
• a friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team,
• hardworking children, supportive parents and governors
o for CPD and career progression
o to be part of an NCETM accredited school
o to work alongside a research school
Essential educational requirements
Degree in a relevant subject
PGCE or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Up to date knowledge in subject, national and local policy, pedagogy, classroom management strategies and statutory inspections
Knowledge of progress measures used in schools
Up to date safeguarding training
Experience of the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1 & 2
Ability to share their experience to sustain a curriculum which is sensitive to the needs of all children.
Experience of using data to develop school improvement strategies.
Able to teach all subjects creatively across the age and ability range.
Able to manage and motivate pupils to become effective and independent learners.
Knowledge of the National Curriculum and issues of assessment, recording and reporting.
Excellent ICT skills.
To have good knowledge of current teaching pedagogy.
Able to communicate effectively.
Able to understand, interpret and effectively use data to improve achievement.
Creative in planning to engage students with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
TLR 2a to lead a year group or SDP priority
About Rednal Hill Junior School
Rednal Hill Junior School is a three-form entry junior school situated on the south western border of the city close to the Lickey Hills at Longbridge. We are a Birmingham City Council maintained school . We are a school committed to providing children with the very best start in life and are fortunate to work with children who are enthused and keen to learn.
- Irwin Avenue, Birmingham, West Midlands, B45 8QY
- LA Maintained School
- Rednal Hill Junior School website (opens in a new window)