Deadline is today
Start date details
1 March 2024 at 11:59pm
18 December 2023
About Esteem North Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 16
- School size
- 127 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Esteem North Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The North East Derbyshire Support Centre provides programmes of education to pupils identified as being at risk of exclusion, or who have already been permanently excluded from mainstream education. We meet the varied and complex needs of children in Key Stages 2, 3 and 4, at three sites located in Chesterfield and in the High Peak.
We are looking to recruit an experienced professional to join our academy to support our vulnerable pupils who are on roll at the High Peak site to engage in bespoke education programmes at off -site locations. These pupils may require bespoke packages as they are not yet group or school site ready. You may also be required to take pupils to visit other off site alternative provisions and transport pupils to site if they make progress to be able to engage in on site learning. This new role is available due to an increase in pupil numbers across the academy. This role will involve lone working.
Pupils may be permanently excluded or at risk of permanent exclusion from mainstream and therefore often require additional support to keep them as safe as possible and to help them re-engage in education. Pupils at our Hasland and High Peak sites are in KS3 and KS4 and may be with us for limited time before they re-integrate back into a mainstream school. Others may require more substantial support to help them progress socially and emotionally sufficiently enough to engage in learning. The successful candidate will be required to offer support by delivering off -site peripatetic education to pupils in their homes or other suitable public venues. The core skills of english and maths along with PSHRE will be the focus.
Mileage is paid for, and applicants are therefore required to have access to transport and business use included on their car insurance.
Every child deserves an education. Our primary aim is to support and re-engage young people, enabling them to think positively about their future pathway, and life after the Support Centre, whether that be re-integration into mainstream, further education or employment. Our Vision: "Inspire, Achieve, Exceed"
Our Pupils will:
• Feel safe, valued and trusted
• Recognise and achieve their full potential
• Take responsibility for their behaviour, and make healthy lifestyle choices
• Be positive about themselves and their future
• Be tolerant of others, and of the beliefs and views of others
• Be successful learners, both independently and when working with others
• Be self-motivated and have high expectations
We will achieve this by:
• Creating a safe learning environment, free of stigma and negativity
• Celebrating the success and achievements of every member of the learning community
• Establishing nurturing and supportive relationships between staff and pupils
• Setting high expectations for behaviour and academic success
• Providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that provides the skills, confidence and qualifications to access opportunities in life
• Innovating learning, to engage and inspire
• Promoting tolerance and mutual respect
• Providing opportunities for students, parents and carers to voice opinions which form part of the decision-making process
• Providing an inclusive programme of learning opportunities and experiences that promote engagement
Further information about our Support Centre can be found on the website at www.nedsc.derbyshire.sch.uk
Arranging a visit to Esteem North Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed