Teaching & Learning Assistant (across KS2) - 25 hours, initially temporary until August 2024
The St Bart's Multi Academy Trust, in partnership with Governors, staff andchildren of Offley Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated andenthusiastic individual to join our hard working and committed team.
At Offley Primary Academy our children come first. High expectations, mutual trust and respectare underpinned by a warm, supportive ethos. In the best interests of our children we work very closely with ourpartner Academies. The successful candidate will be working alongside a team ofcaring, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, who are well-supported by their SeniorLeadership Team.
To provide classroom cover of up to 3 days during any short-term absence.
To work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing specialist support to the teacher in an aspect of the curriculum, age range or additional needs.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
1. Provide learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher, differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils
2. Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with the teacher
3. Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher
4. Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
5. Select and adapt appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities
6. Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
7. Teaching Assistants in this role are expected to undertake at least one of the following:
a. Provide specialist support to pupils with special educational needs, for example, learning behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
b. Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language
c. Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils
d. Provide specialist support to all pupils in a particular learning area (e.g. ICT, literacy, numeracy, National Curriculum subject).
8. Establish and maintain relationships with families, carers and other adults, e.g. speech therapist
9. Provide short term cover supervision of classes
10. Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources
11. Invigilate exams and tests
12. Escort and supervise pupils on educational and out of school activities
13. Guide and support pupils in their personal, emotional and social development
14. Prepare and present displays
15. Supervise individuals and groups of pupils throughout the day, including supervision in the classroom, playground and dining areas
16. Assist pupils with eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence
17. To assist the SENCO and be involved in planning, organising and implementing individual development plans for pupils (such as Individual educational plans), including attendance at, and contribution to, reviews
18. Work with pupils not working to the normal timetable
19. Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy, raising any concerns following academy protocol/procedures.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.