- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Pay Range (£25,714 - £36,961) + TLR2a (£2,873)
We are looking for the next enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher to join our newly formed Leadership Team and team of committed and friendly staff. We are Graded “Good” and at an exciting point in our school improvement and therefore looking for a new leader to join our strong team. As a Teaching and Learning Leader you will take on a new and exciting role working together with the six other Teaching and Learning Leaders working in close partnership with SLT to raise standards in Reading, Writing and Mathematics across Copnor Primary School and successful lead and manage a Year Team.
The successful applicant will be committed to high standards in teaching and learning in their own practice and in developing this across the school team. As this is a brand-new post for the school and would ideally suit a teacher wishing to take the next step in their career and join a newly formed Leadership Team or an experienced leader wishing broaden their experiences and work across a large primary school with a new but experienced Headteacher.
We are looking for someone with:
• High aspirations and expectations of our pupils
• Evidence of very strong classroom practice, with the capacity to be ‘outstanding’
• The capacity/willingness to teach effectively across the Key Stage and Primary Education
• A positive, proactive approach to challenge
• An ability to inspire confidence in colleagues, parents and the wider community
• Excellent Leadership Skills
• Proactive at coming up with solutions and offering new ideas
• An outstanding role model for the entire school and community
We are able to offer you:
• A commitment to your continued professional development
• A large, well resourced site
• A supportive and experienced team
• Pleasant and cooperative children
• An ethos of support, where new ideas are welcomed
Applying for the job
Applications should be received using the attached application form or one available from Portsmouth City Council's website and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by noon on Wednesday 1st December 2021.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 668 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Copnor Primary School
The Governors, Headteacher and staff of Copnor Primary School are committed to offering our children a wide range of experiences which are designed to lead them to intellectual independence, flexibility of thought and personal confidence.
While helping them to achieve their own potential, we place great value on having consideration for other people, for being polite, helpful and lacking in prejudice. We believe that much of this must come from the nurturing of spiritual and moral values in the children’s daily lives by parents and teachers. With the active participation and support of parents we aim to provide an environment which will allow all the children to develop lively and enquiring minds, to acquire knowledge and to derive real enjoyment from learning.
Children, staff and parents work actively in partnership to enable all children to realise their full potential by:
• being an outstanding place of learning
• preparing all children fully for life in the wider World
Our aims are to:-
• Provide a challenging and stimulating environment for learning within a caring community, enabling all to achieve their personal best.
• Provide a clear view of the principles and values which are firmly based on the moral way of life.
• Provide a caring, supportive, safe and secure environment in which all individuals are valued and listened to.
• Provide challenging learning opportunities to which everyone responds readily and with enthusiasm.
• Develop a healthy lifestyle where all children enjoy good physical and mental health.
• Develop a spiritual, social, cultural and economic awareness through links with the local, national and global communities.
Copnor Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Arranging a visit to Copnor Primary School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and will be conducted following current COVID secure guidelines and social distance protocols.
To arrange a visit or request an application form, please contact Mrs April Newsham at the school on 023 92661191 or email email@example.com